Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ABLE to sew, what else?

ABLE to sew, what else?

A friend's hubby bought an industrial? machine, in Mexico I think. She says it sews like a whiz the straight stitching, but she can't figure out what else it will do. Primarily, she would love to have some sort of instructions to help her use it. I offered to post a pix and ask if anyone here knows anything. She said the red tipped attachment will lift a little bit, and she's curious about the lower front screw/knob--says something moves inside when she turns it. She/I would be so appreciative if one of you experts could tell us anything about it, or where to learn more. Thanks!Name:  !cid_1EAA9F10-6345-496F-8C9E-91CA02E11735.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  1.57 MB

Are there any other numbers (model, serial #, etc) or names on it? There may be a plate on the back or bottom that gives more info. I tried searching for Abel Sewing Machines online but did not come up with any machines with that name. It sure looks like a nice heavy duty machine.

That is a very neat machine. I hope you find out more info. There is a Singer BlogSpot and the people there seem to know a lot about all types of machines. They may can help you even though their focus is Singer. http://vssmb.blogspot.com/
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

It looks like an industrial. The red tip might be a guide of some sort.
    It looks like the knob on lower part might be a latch to get to the underside of the machine to oil??
    It looks like there is a badge on the pillar under the black doohickey.
    I found this site for machine parts and "ABLE" as a manufacturer.
    http://www.cerliani.it/reference_tab...&l=tab&lng=ing

Unable to find much else as HB500 is also a lathe model.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

I think someone messed up and posted to the wrong thread. These two machines look identical from what I can see.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...n-t286907.html

bkay

Thats correct...the messing up was couased by a person that was trying to help me in here....More pics of this Able machine were posted under the thread of antique sewing machines values information....sorry...
    ania

ania,

Thank you for posting the picture of the badge. I saw some sites that have parts for hb500 but no pictures of the machine. What do you use the machine for? Did your machine come with a manual? Is there a website in Mexico for this machine?

Janey & John

Your machine is a cylindrical shoulder pad tacking machine. Made by Nakajima. I have a manual if you would like.
    Maria
    Smoky Mountains of Tennessee

Thank you, farmhouse sewer for your information. I posted the pix for Ania, and I have notified her that you have the manual. She will be so grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    Are there any other numbers (model, serial #, etc) or names on it? There may be a plate on the back or bottom that gives more info. I tried searching for Abel Sewing Machines online but did not come up with any machines with that name. It sure looks like a nice heavy duty machine.
    Yes..its sure is a very heavy industrial machine....and..I don,t know anything about it....Mermaid is the one that suggested me to post it....she is my hero now...
    ania

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    That is a very neat machine. I hope you find out more info. There is a Singer BlogSpot and the people there seem to know a lot about all types of machines. They may can help you even though their focus is Singer. http://vssmb.blogspot.com/
    Barb...Thank yoy so much...I will sure try to check this site...
    ania

Quote Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
    ania,

Thank you for posting the picture of the badge. I saw some sites that have parts for hb500 but no pictures of the machine. What do you use the machine for? Did your machine come with a manual? Is there a website in Mexico for this machine?

Thank .....no there is no manual.....Husband found it in some store when we were looking for somethjng else...
    Since it has the free arm and walking feet (won,t accept any other feet I am afraid...) I decided I want it....
    They didn,t know anything about this machine in the store and no manual.....
    It sure sew so very strong that is scary....Husband finally lower the velocity for me and built me an extention table.......I only sew the dogs blankets so far with it ( they never complain ...) and two days ago...made the stitch in the ditch first baby quilt...... I can sure use any help with it...how to make more accurancy....especially while fastening....it doesn,t go straign while going back but instead make some zig zag a bit to the left...always....
    That doesn,t help much when you try to make a neat work....LOL
    Thank again
    ania

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhousesewer View Post
    Your machine is a cylindrical shoulder pad tacking machine. Made by Nakajima. I have a manual if you would like.
    I think a manual will be much of help.....Thank you SO MUCH for telling me it was used for pad shoulder....WOWWW I had no idea.....!!!! THank you thank you thank you!!!!
    ania

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    Thank you, farmhouse sewer for your information. I posted the pix for Ania, and I have notified her that you have the manual. She will be so grateful.
    Thank YOU also so much for encouraging me to post this machine in here.....!!!! You are so very awesome with your great ideas...!!! I was loosing hope ....
    ania

Quote Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
    Rain hasn't been active on his blog for years, I doubt if any help will come from here.

Cari

Ania
    post a private message with your email address and I will send the manual.
    Maria
    Smoky Mountains of Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Farmhousesewer View Post
    Ania
    post a private message with your email address and I will send the manual.
    Thank you so much....having the manual will be like unlocking some old mistery....at least now we know what this machine was used for....LOL ..( I did send you my email in PM...) thanks again over and over
    ania