Ambassador Sewing Machine

Old 09-13-2013, 04:20 PM

Default Badged Ambassador Machine

Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
Not planning to buy another machine before I'd finished refurbishing my 1910 Red-Eye, my husband spied this "Ambassador" machine at an antique mall outside of Keene, NH. I was about to walk away, but he said, "honey! it's only $35!" (came with case and accessories and they took $5 off at check-out because it's Christmas Eve or something). "I'll buy it for you!"

It is heavier by far than my vintage Montgomery Ward Signature (c 1975). I can't find much of anything about it online. Does anyone know anything about it?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]297616[/ATTACH]
I HAVE THE SAME EXACT MACHINE!! I've had mine for 3-4 years now and my dh bought it at a garage sale for $10! I've had mine fully serviced, which cost nearly $100 but the shop REFUSES to help me learn how to use it unless I pay an addition $50! If you have info, or a copy of a manual you can share Please pm me. My los have played w/ my bobbin and I don't know how to put it back in the correct way and I really can't see paying $50 to have someone show me how to do it. But before my los got to it, I was able to test run on scrap and it is an amazing workhorse!