Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Another Sticky Worthy Topic...Attachments >
  • Another Sticky Worthy Topic...Attachments

• Another Sticky Worthy Topic...Attachments

Old 03-06-2015, 05:25 AM

Default Another Sticky Worthy Topic...Attachments

While I'm still thinking about, "Stickies," I might as well add that we need a permanent thread about all those vintage and antique attachments that we've all collected. What are they? What do they do? Which ones are valuable? etc. I'm sure there's probably something already started on this subject on QB, but I couldn't find anything.

I'm going to try to take some pix this week and see if I can get some help IDing them. I also found a yahoo group on attachments. Does anyone else belong?

~ C
    Old 03-06-2015, 06:39 PM

I belong to the Singer attachment yahoo group though mainly I just read. I'm no expert so there's not much useful I can contribute. We also have a couple resident experts who have written pages of useful info on attachments including their uses and how to identify them here.
    I think it would be great to get all the information (or at least links to the various threads) in one thread. The trouble is too many stickies clutters up the board and make it harder to get to the current topics. It's always a decision that admin and the moderators have to weigh carefully.
    I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been more response to this subject yet.
    Rodney
    Old 03-07-2015, 05:57 AM

G'morning Rodney...yeah...me too.

Now, where's MacyBaby? She's certainly an expert on attachments. Do you get much info out of the Y group?

Like everyone else, I have piles of strange looking attachments that I don't know what the heck they do. I'd really like to try some of them on my old machines. I took a free, Craftsy class on SM feet, but it didn't really give me any new information...just talked about things like the 1/4" foot, zipper foot, ruffler, couching foot, etc. and they were all for a modern Pfaff.

~ Cindy
    Old 03-07-2015, 08:54 AM

Rodney and Cindy,
    I would love to see a sticky for this topic. I can say I've belonged to the Y attach group and don't find it useful. Lots of chatting off topic IMHO.
    Old 03-07-2015, 02:58 PM

Hey, I'm all for this! I'm sure I have plenty of attachments that I can't identify or now what they belong to. This separate topic certainely would benefit us all, I think!
    Old 03-10-2015, 07:13 AM

I am certainly no expert on attachments, but I'm happy to start taking and posting pictures on this thread of what I have and perhaps someone else can ID my pix. I'll put up the easy ones too, just in case someone else needs that info.

~ Cindy
    Old 03-10-2015, 08:45 AM

I'll most certainly help others identify what they have - I've already casually posted a lot of info on how to identify top clamp feet - and once my shed is set up, I'll be doing it more formally - but plan on posting that on a different site where the information can have a more durable, and specific location.
    Old 03-10-2015, 10:41 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Macybaby
    I'll most certainly help others identify what they have - I've already casually posted a lot of info on how to identify top clamp feet - and once my shed is set up, I'll be doing it more formally - but plan on posting that on a different site where the information can have a more durable, and specific location.
    working on it.....