Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Any difference between the White button holers? >

Any difference between the White button holers?

Any difference between the White button holers?

Old 07-29-2019, 04:56 PM

Default Any difference between the White button holers?

I recently purchased some Kenmore branded attachments that are top clamp for my Kenmore 117.813 sewing machine that was made by White. I found that the notch opening is a bit too narrow. They must have been made for another White made Kenmore machine. The straight stitch foot has the same notch width as the feet for my National E sewing machine although the national feet stand a little taller. The same goes for the Kenmore branded zigzagger which also has a notch that is too small.

My question covers the buttonholer. The Kenmore branded buttonholer will not fit my machine since it requires the round nut at the bottom of the presser bar of which the 117.813 has a completely different design.

On looking at the different White branded buttonholers that are designed for the bare bottom presser bar attachment as in my 117.813, I was wondering if there was any difference between those with a white knob and those with a red knob? There is also that Kenmore buttonholer that works with my machine but it is hard to tell if it is the correct model by looking at pictures of those for sale due to camera angles and such.