Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Any info on a Marvel Embroidering attachment ? >

Any info on a Marvel Embroidering attachment ?

Any info on a Marvel Embroidering attachment ?

Old 04-18-2024, 03:19 PM

Default Any info on a Marvel Embroidering attachment ?

Any info on a Marvel Embroidering attachment ? I got this at a Tag Sale trying to find out more about it and the company. Did they make sewing machines or just attachments ? Everytime I look up Marvel all the comic book stuff shows up ! THANKS !
Attached Thumbnails marvem.jpg   marvem1.jpg   marvem2.jpg  

Last edited by SewMTedIII; 04-18-2024 at 03:22 PM. Reason: attach pix
Old 04-18-2024, 03:23 PM

fixed now i hope
Old 04-19-2024, 08:51 AM

You can get a "little" more info by searching "Marvel Needlekraft works, New York". I see you have the instructions, that should help. According to what little I could find, it is a sewing machine attachment for adding embroidery to a garment or other fabric object.

I read on one of the hits I got that the instructions are in French. I hope not, or that you read French.

That's all I could find, but I'm not the best searcher, by far.

bk

Apparently, the company was active in the 1920's. I don't believe they made machines, which is to say I've never heard of one. There may not be much info available.

Last edited by bkay; 04-19-2024 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added thought
Old 04-19-2024, 10:45 AM

There might be machines badged Marvel, but they would possibly have been made by National or Standard or maybe even others.

When I put " Marvel machine" "hand embroidery" with the quotation marks in search I found an ebay listing that showed the patent date of May 1917. It looks like it is this patent https://patents.google.com/patent/US1265430A/en. It looks like it is another punch needle embroidery tool. It is very similar to the one talked about at Anyone have experience with hand embroidery machines: Princess, Poglitsch? I have a "Turfing Implement" that was patented in 1891 and patent says it could be used with silk, thread or yarn.