attachments question

Old 05-23-2015, 08:10 PM

Default attachments question

Except for one machine, all mine use common low shank feet. The other is the 66 back clamp. I want to get a set of the hemmers but have no idea what they should look like for my common kenmores and singers. I have looked on ebay, but they kinda look like the mount to something else first? I know some of yall have got the attachments down to a science. Can ya'll explain them to me?
Old 05-23-2015, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ann31039 View Post
I have looked on ebay, but they kinda look like the mount to something else first?
Macybaby is your gal. She's also explained how those particular hemmers work fairly recently.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:13 AM

There are two options - the early "set" has separate hemmers and an attachment foot

The later just uses the "universal" hemmer foot that Singer started using after it got the style when it bought out Wheeler Wilson.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:19 AM

opps- hit post too soon -

I have four different sets of back clamp attachments - Singer was making a lot of changes to the attachment set at this point in time .

This is a better picture of the attachment part with a hemmer mounted, though it's the side clamp version. The hemmers are the same for both.

This is the next generation set - it has a different ruffler and tucker - Singer kept with this style tucker after this.

This is the last set Singer made for the back clamp - it has a different ruffler. Singer changed the ruffler after this, but had discontinued the back clamp by then.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:21 AM

Some of the early treadles for the 66 back clamp came with a molded center drawer for the set.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:28 AM

Also - the above are all SINGER sets, Greist made aftermarket sets too, but not for the back clamp. Greist didn't have the "multi-hemmer" so all those sets have separate hemmer feet like the very early Singer sets (pre -Wheeler Wilson).

Most of the older Greist sets are for top clamp machines, some of those for side clamp use a bed mount hemmer - and I think those would line up for your 66 too. It's the set on the left. However the other attachments are side mount.

The set on the right is also side mount, and is very similar to later made sets, and I think they are still making sets that mount this way.

If you have more questions, please ask. I need to go make coffee cake right now.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:46 PM

I have been on ebay a lot lately. they have a lot of attachments
put vintage sewing machine attachments in search. there is about 4 pages or more
not bad prices. I been looking for a monogrammer attachment for my kenmore
you could look there.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:31 PM

my search is (singer, sewing, Greist) (box, accessory, attachments, attachment, accessories, parts,tool, tools)

End up with about 23,000 listings, but it gets me most. However, for what ever reason, Monogrammers rarely show up with that search. When looking for them, I use the word monogrammer and designer - get a lot of stuff for golf balls though.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:01 PM

yes I been putting in different words in searches ...I know there is one out there. what i usually find coming up
is the one for slant and that not mine...I am not going to give up.
thank you Delilah
Old 05-25-2015, 04:25 AM

a few months ago I was at the OSMG shop, he hates Singers he said, but had a monogrammer for a Touch and Sew, I don't remember what series, 600 0r 700.
Do you need me to go later this week and see if still Avail?