Bernina 930 Record

Old 01-10-2023, 08:23 AM

Default Bernina 930 Record

I'm borrowing a Bernina 930 Record that hasn't been used for at least 25 years. I tested a few things and most seemed to be working fine. The first issue I came across is the needle won't move laterally for zig zag stiches so I took the top off. I turned the knobs and didn't see any issues. I pushed the foot control pedal to see if anything wasn't moving and for some reason the clutch stopped engaging. I can turn the handwheel and everything moves as it should. I'm not experienced with sewing machine maintenance so I didn't want to tinker with it too much. I took off the handwheel and the clutch sleeve and didn't notice any issues. I'm not sure what to do so any advice will be appreciated. Once that is fixed then what do I look for to see why the needle won't move laterally for zig zag stiches? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:23 AM

I was able to fix my issues after playing with it some more. I can't delete my post so any mods can feel free to do so.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:39 AM
Power Poster

Usually, it is the buttonhole knob that is the broken culprit when it comes to these machines. I am thinking the crystalized oil needed cleaning.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:03 PM

So what kind of playing did you do with it? Did you just keep turning things until some dust popped up or did you open things up deeper than what you described? Is your zig zag now moving laterally?