Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Cam stat needed for Necchi Lydia 544 sewing machine! >

Cam stat needed for Necchi Lydia 544 sewing machine!

Cam stat needed for Necchi Lydia 544 sewing machine!

Old 09-20-2013, 10:57 PM

Default Cam stat needed for Necchi Lydia 544 sewing machine!

I have a necchi 544 sewing machine, it was my grandmothers and has been a little gem. However over the past two years components have been gradually breaking down; first it was the bobbin winder, now the cam stat has a crack in it and the balance wheel is completely stiffened up. The repair shops told me to throw it out and buy a new machine because the parts i need for the cam stat are no longer available. I have found some parts on the internet but I doubt these are genuine. If you know anywhere i could get the part I need, please write me! I live in Melbourne, Australia. Thankyou!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 AM

The cam stack is the weak point on those machines, and they are not easy to come by. I would keep checking eBay to see if one gets listed, or perhaps keep an eye out for a parts machine.

There are two Yahoo groups, necchisweingmachineclub and necchifiles, that you can join that may help you.

I don't know if being in Australia would present any difficulties with those suggestions, though.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 AM

The cam stack will cost you at least $100-$130 so not a cheap fix. You can order the parts online. They'd be the same parts any repair person would order. There aren't any original Necchi parts made anymore, so most are made in China. That's just the way it is:< Personally, I wouldn't pay to put an old, donor cam stack in the machine. It could be ready to crack any day. If you want to repair your machine, you'll have to be prepared to do it yourself or pay a hefty sum for someone else to do so. That's why so many of this model type come up for sale. They all tend to get the broken cam stacks.