Came home with two more

Old 12-02-2014, 12:48 PM

Hehe - my husband works at home, so he's usually very happy to get a chance to get away from the house (and his work) on the weekends. Besides, there are a few "Man" stores in Sioux Falls he's often wanting to stop at.

It's probably best if one of a couple isn't interested, then you don't end up with ones you have no where to put!

I did another " I must be crazy" purchases. Found a selection of silverware boxes for sale on Craigslist - just a few miles from my Sister's house. We plan on going there for Christmas anyway . . .

So my sister is picking up about 57 silverware boxes for me this afternoon. They'll make really nice sewing machine attachment holders. I've already got plans to make shelves for these to sit on. I'll label them and then it will be a lot easier to deal with the attachments, especially when I have several sets for a particular machine.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby
That is always a drag. I had one Brunswick treadle I really wanted - it was in the Twin Cities and we were going that weekend. Sent email and didn't get any response, so assumed it was sold. Got home and realized it was still sitting in my "out" box - I have to be careful sending craigslist as my email will close when I close the add- whether it has been sent or not. I try to remember and open my email to make sure it's sent now.

The add was gone shortly after that, so I stopped looking. We made a few more trips, and after we didn't plan on any more - the add showed back up for half the price!

The Necchi was at an Antique mall just south of Sioux Falls (Tea) and they are really bad at getting back on phone calls. I suppose it's because it's just one of their dealers that have it, and the counter clerks don't really care, or even know where the items are in the first place. They were very pleasant to deal with this time, but it's one of my least favorite places to go in the area.

HOWEVER - there is a wonderful second hand quilt fabric store right next to it - doesn't look like much and she's open on a hit or miss basis. She is retired and does LAQ along with buying left over fabric from quilters and selling it at $4 a yard no matter what. Wonderful lady, and she's got such a wide variety of patterns and colors - and you never know what else she might have. Not the best place if you are looking for larger yardage, but great if you only need 2-3 yards or love scrappy like I do.

So when I can, I stop in just to see, and was fortunate she was open this Sunday, so I came home with more fabric too!
I really hate it when a dealer posts as a person. When I miss out on some of these I am usually happy. Less work for me.