Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Can anyone tell me what this Singer thingy is for? >

Can anyone tell me what this Singer thingy is for?

Can anyone tell me what this Singer thingy is for?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Will this fit onto a featherweight?
Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 PM

That's a great find! I have one of each now, the table mounted one and the machine mounted, but both are missing parts. Yours looks pretty much whole.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by craftynell View Post
Will this fit onto a featherweight?
Yes, the featherweight is a short shank machine. It will work on any short shank Singer as well as a lot of other brands of sewing machines. Just be sure you fasten it down tightly with the screw. It is a heavy little attachment. Much easier to use it to pink than pinking shears that you have to reposition to keep up the pattern of the cuts.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
And finally, here's where april1930s has the pinker instructions that you can download for free!!!

http://s176617565.onlinehome.us/apri...structions.pdf

Janis
Thanks, Janis. It won't print for me so I'll have to figure that out. I do have the screw with the spring that holds it on to the needle bar but it's missing that little allen wrench part. Do I really need that? I think one of the allen wrenches from the tool box in the garage might work.I know Singer screws are unique to the machines but would an allen wrench be unique as well?

I think I got a pretty good deal from looking at the price for this on the April1930s site. I got this in a box that had a buttonholer with extra templates, some bobbins, a zig-zag attachment and several other attachments for $16. I still haven't tried it out yet but if it's like anything else Singer I have, it will work.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:51 AM

You did really well. I do find that April1930s does tend to be on the high side for prices, but she offers a lot of information for the prices. The Pinkers can be found for less elsewhere, but not for what you got it for.

I lucked into my tabletop Pinker at a thrift store, it was under $10, but missing the C Clamp. Luckily, this isn't a huge deal, because a new one can be fitted. The attachment one I traded for a zigzagger, came without the blade guard, Allen wrench and attaching screw. The one I miss is the screw, and I can't bring myself to pay $11 plus shipping for a screw from April.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:29 PM

Nanna, You don't need the Allen wrench. It is the part that gets lost first of all the parts on the pinker. As far as I'm concerned, it is just there to put in the hole. I think that it is supposed to help be a safety thing of some sort.
I just printed off a copy of the instruction booklet from April1930, in COLOR, no less (that means it's special as I usually copy things in the economy type of black to save ink). If you will PM me your address, I'll send it to you. (I'm a former Michigander, and get a warm spot in my heart when I see someone on the board from Michigan).
Old 06-26-2013, 11:09 AM

Janis, I sent you a PM.... Thanks so much. I don't know why it wouldn't print. Maybe my new computer and printer aren't set up for the style yet or something. You are TOO SWEET!!