Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Davis Verticle Feed, here she is, picture heavy >

Davis Verticle Feed, here she is, picture heavy

Davis Verticle Feed, here she is, picture heavy

Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 AM

Thanks Cathy, and most of all for the pictures. I think I can straighten it now that I know what it looks like. And, I think I have seen the ratchet piece in the last goodie box I purchased.
Old 09-29-2014, 11:31 AM

Here are the parts from the goodie box that may fit my Davis VF.

And this is a pic of the original ruffler somewhat straighted, on the right, and the ruffler from the goodie box.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-quilt-7-block-davis-vf-parts-003.jpg   mystery-quilt-7-block-davis-vf-parts-006.jpg  
Old 09-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

I can hardly wait for DH to get home from work. I found a Davis today!!! I just don't know where the treadle base is going to find a home - it's what I get for getting rid of 2 tables yesterday...
Old 09-29-2014, 12:01 PM

You can always do like I've done, make a convertible treadle base and then put the machines in bases that can be easily moved in and out of the treadle.

I'm thinking that once I get the building up, I'm going to need to go out there at least once a day to look at my machines - I'm going to miss having the in the house. DH is going to miss them too - miss them with his toes, shins and elbows that is. He's ready to have a bit more room in the house LOL!!
Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 PM

Caroline, before you put yours back together, don't forget to swing that arm all the way around, right now you've got both yours folded to the back - it needs to be towards the front.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

I have been wanting one of those ever since I first heard of them. I first heard of them when I was making tents. It took 20 years after that to actually see one in person. Then I started watching CL for one 3 years ago. They were way out of my price range. Then one came up locally a few weeks ago - it was moderatly priced and I was looking at the place thinking NO WAY am I going to get anymore in here. Well he dropped the price. Then I thought well if I'm going to get that thing it is going to be cheaper still... Well here we go - DH got off work and I fed him a bite to eat real quick, hopped in the car and drove out and got it. It turns nice, has a new belt in a drawer, the shuttle and bobbin and the treadle works great. Then we took out the drawers - surprised the guy with the attachments... The guy was also surprised that there was a part of a drawer in there. One drawer is missing the front - bummer. It is in the house but not set up yet. It is getting late and I have a couple long days ahead of me... argh.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I have been wanting one of those ever since I first heard of them. I first heard of them when I was making tents. It took 20 years after that to actually see one in person. Then I started watching CL for one 3 years ago. They were way out of my price range. Then one came up locally a few weeks ago - it was moderatly priced and I was looking at the place thinking NO WAY am I going to get anymore in here. Well he dropped the price. Then I thought well if I'm going to get that thing it is going to be cheaper still... Well here we go - DH got off work and I fed him a bite to eat real quick, hopped in the car and drove out and got it. It turns nice, has a new belt in a drawer, the shuttle and bobbin and the treadle works great. Then we took out the drawers - surprised the guy with the attachments... The guy was also surprised that there was a part of a drawer in there. One drawer is missing the front - bummer. It is in the house but not set up yet. It is getting late and I have a couple long days ahead of me... argh.
Oh good Miriam! It is so much fun to get a machine that I've been waiting for. We are looking forward to pictures.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:33 PM

Mariam, I'm happy for you & your Davis Vertical feed. I got my grandmothers machine a few months back
& just today got it in the house so I can examine it. My grandmother passed away before I was born, so I
never got to meet her, but have her sewing machine. Happy about it.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Wow that was a long wait but it finally paid off. Congrats on the new machine.

Cari
Old 09-30-2014, 02:48 AM

I saw that one Miriam! Glad you got it!