Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Deal or No Deal?

Deal or No Deal?

Found a black 301 for $75.00. Ad says it works and it looks to be in good condition but it is for the machine and foot pedal only, no case or anything. I see they are selling for much more on ebay but not sure that just the machine is worth it since I am new to vintage machines...bitten badly by the bug though in the last month I have acquired a 66 and 221....lol

Blog Entries
    I’d buy it if you can test it first. I have my mom’s 301 and I love sewing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    Iíd buy it if you can test it first. I have my momís 301 and I love sewing on it.
    I agree. That way you will know it works. When I bought mine, I didn't test it. The bobbin case was missing. I started talking to the woman about other stuff and didn't look for the bobbin case. Those are expensive to replace.

bkay

Great price if it has the bobbin case and it sews! Love the machine! I have 3.......

Sounds like a good deal to me. They are really nice machines. Even if there is no bobbin case it's still a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagigi View Post
    Great price if it has the bobbin case and it sews! Love the machine! I have 3.......
    Ditto...I also have 3 and LOVE THEM ALL!...go for it but test drive and ck bobbin case

If the machine is complete, then it's a good price. I want a black short bed so I'd pay it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    I’d buy it if you can test it first. I have my mom’s 301 and I love sewing on it.
    I have my mom's 301, too! I learned to sew on that machine and still love using it.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    So, did you buy it?
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I am a huge 301 fan! if it runs, take it for sure!

Test to be sure it works and then grab it up. I love the 301 and I have 3. Yes I knopw I can only sew on one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
    Test to be sure it works and then grab it up. I love the 301 and I have 3. Yes I knopw I can only sew on one at a time.
    I often sew on both of mine in the same day. One set up to FMQ and one to piece. A third machine, an Elna, is ready for all other sewing, so I don't find three excessive.

No I didn't but it. The seller never responded to me and removed her ad...darn it. I would have bought it.