Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Does anyone know the year of this machine? >

Does anyone know the year of this machine?

Does anyone know the year of this machine?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Lew Schiller View Post
(Hijack Alert)

Only one of the photos is right side up for me.

Since this is the umteenth post here and elsewhere with upside down photos I went down the hall to see if Apple users were trying to get a fix for it.
All I found were the usual "You're just doing it wrong" replies to people seeking help despite the fact that this seems to have just become an issue with the new iPhones.
I also found snark and derision towards anybody who says that Apple is anything but awesome.
Which is why I don't have anything Apple

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
OK, everyone else has answered what the machine is.

Here's the solution for the "iPhone / iPod/ iPad photos are always upside down / sideways and it's making me crazy" issue:

Ready? You're holding it wrong.

(I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at Apple and all the Apple fan boys and girls who don't want to tell anyone that)

All Apple had to do is document that, and half the Internet wouldn't be upside down.

The phone / pad etc auto-rotates the photos when you look at them on the device, so you can't tell which way is right, hence the confusion.

BUT.... The only 2 ways that are "proper" when -taking- the photo, i.e. will show up right side up to the rest of the world are with the home button to the right, or at the bottom. The other 2 directions will always post a photo that is upside down or sideways.

I typically hate Apple too, but my Blackberry almost got flying lessons when I couldn't do any IT work with it, so I changed brands. At least I knew the drawbacks of the iPhone (mostly email based) because I had an iPod already.