Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: This doesn't look like a Rocketeer?

This doesn't look like a Rocketeer?

Is it a Singer 431?

Since its on the front of a manual, I doubt that it's modified. It's probably just the drawing/angle/whatever. It looks pretty much like my Rocketeer.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

it's a bit "stylistic" as it's a drawing not a photo, but it is meant to be a Rocketeer.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

The picture on the manual cover is of a 500, the machine in the cabinet is a 401. To me it looks like a misplaced manual, or maybe a machine switch at some point. A 431 is a freearm model with an additional extention table to make it into a flat bed when needed.

The face plate is missing, but going by the stitch selector knob, needle position adjustment and stitch length lever it leans very much towards a 401?

Wrong manual for that machine. Lots of people selling OSMs don't know one from another.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nope. I passed. Thank you. I found a 500A online for $65 plus $25 shipping. I'm good with that.