Dressmaker 7000

Old 07-07-2012, 06:33 PM

Default Dressmaker 7000

I have a Dressmaker 7000 ZZ machine with cams.

Nice machine, though it needed some work. I've been working on it today and got the needle position problem fixed and a bit of the ZZ worked over. As I've been working on it I've been looking for indications of where it's made.
I don't think it's a Japanese machine as there's no J- A numbers on it.
The only numbers I can find are on a little metal placard under the lip at the front of the machine. It reads:
DRESSMAKER 7000
LTS - 033887

The motor is made by Matsushita in Taiwan.

Other than that there is no "MADE IN xxx" anywhere on this machine. Only the name, model # and serial #.
The only identifying mark is a large finger print under the bed. That is under the shaft and would have had to been made when the machine was completely apart.

I haven't started my research on this machine yet, so any help, links, or data will be very much appreciated.

Joe
Old 07-08-2012, 10:13 AM

Joe, that is a beauty. Looks to be in pristine condition. And all those cams. Lucky you. Hope you find some info as I know how frustrating it is not to be able to know when and where it was made.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:15 PM

Kitsy,

Oh if that were only true. She'd been scrubbed pretty good before we got her. I took the blue side plate off and there was a ton of what looked like smoke residue under there. I washed that off.
Plus on the inside she's been messed with. All the adjustments are out of whack. I've been working on her and she'll sew now, but the needle is still a bit off center, and the cam patterns don't form right.
I've put her back in her case for now and will try to do more later. If not then she'll go to the LSMG for professional assistance.

Joe
Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 AM

Hi Joe, I just bought this beautiful machine today at a yard sale. I was wondering if you found anything out about it? I am a beginner and any help at all would be amazing. Thank you.

Misty
Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 AM

Misty,

Welcome to the Quilting Board.

In the three weeks since I posted this I've been so occupied with other projects I haven't had the chance to do any more research on it. I've seen one on the GW auction, and a couple other members have said they have one of these machines.
That's all I know for now.

Did you get an owners manual with yours? I don't have one. If not I can give you some tips on operating it, but that's about it.

Joe