Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Dressmaker Deluxe Zig Zag Sewing Machine >

Dressmaker Deluxe Zig Zag Sewing Machine

Dressmaker Deluxe Zig Zag Sewing Machine

Old 03-16-2015, 12:27 PM

Default Dressmaker Deluxe Zig Zag Sewing Machine

I was recently given one of these but it did not come with the manuel. Now I know a little about Sewing Machines but I want to know how to thread it correctly. It is model #290A. Please help.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

Here is a generic zz manual
http://www.dontai.com/wp/images/imperial-535-manual.pdf
Old 03-19-2015, 07:17 AM

Default Dressmaker

I have 2 identical Dressmakers Model 2435 #36186 with the cabinet and sewing stool was acquired in a trade with the original owner. #23140 was acquired on e-bay. These machines were made in Japan and I think they are from late 70's. One came with a manual and it is just basic information. The thing I was not prepared for was a left side needle only for straight stitching. Be sure a ZZ foot is in place or you will break the needle It took a little getting use to and I use it for practicing F/M. Mine are long shank machines and thread front to rear. They weigh about 33# each and have a 1.0 amp motor. The vertical shaft that controls the dogs has a nylon gear and broke after a few weeks. I was able to buy new one and was fairly easy to replace by removing the reverse control on the face of the machine. A little mechanical aptitude is all that is required. Hope this helps.

Soman2

The other Rodney
Old 03-19-2015, 07:41 AM

Welcome franco! Can you post a picture of your machine? Many of us here won't recognize the machine by brand and model# but will be able to tell from a couple pictures how to thread it. Many Japanese machines were made that were identical except the brand and a few outer details and most are threaded in basically the same way.
Rodney
Old 11-18-2018, 11:22 PM

I was given a Dressmaker Machine too. I have sent for the manual. The website is Sewusa.com
it cost $10 + shipping. My machine is C55A. ZigZag machine. I was able to get the instructions free on that web site on how to thread it. This helped me a lot.
I have posted a picture of it. My concern was the left needle position. People have helped me understanding why it is set up that way.
Phyllis
Old 11-19-2018, 12:41 AM
Power Poster

The left needle position is just something to get used to. I have one I love for freemotion.