Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Elna Sewpy dx-05 vintage pantograph attachment >

Elna Sewpy dx-05 vintage pantograph attachment

Elna Sewpy dx-05 vintage pantograph attachment

Old 10-24-2017, 04:24 PM

Default Elna Sewpy dx-05 vintage pantograph attachment

Hello. Can anyone please tell me if this pantograph attachment fits any particular machine? Has anyone used it successfully?
Many thanks!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:30 PM

Or the elna sd06? Anyone know the differences between the two models?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

I think it goes on the green machines... not the grasshopper. Where did you find one?
Old 10-26-2017, 04:54 PM

Bought sd06 on ebay. I see in the photos that it has two metal prongs sticking out one side as ifmtheynhave to plug into holes on the body of the machine. Perhaps not. The dx05 doesnt seem to have those metal prongs. It appears to have two separate metal plates onto which the attachment sits.
it should be here in a couple of weeks. I'll post my findings when it arrives.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:04 PM

It arrived...but broken. The seller had put some tape around the original box and no other protection. From the looks of the two prongs, it would probably need to fit onto a particular machine, but i am not sure as i didnt get that far with it due to it being damaged on arrival.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:32 PM

I think some Ebay sellers send their product in less than adequate packaging because it's already broken. You file a claim and a third party pays you. The seller gets paid for a product they could not sell otherwise. It's happened to me on a couple of Ebay purchases. You open the package and and wonder what kind of idiot would send something so poorly packed? The only answer is that they meant it to get broken in shipment.

I don't think that's true of Goodwill, though. I think they legitimately don't know how to package anything.

JMHO

bkay
Old 11-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bkay View Post

I don't think that's true of Goodwill, though. I think they legitimately don't know how to package anything.

JMHO

bkay
That's true of some Goodwill stores. Others, like one that's sort of close to me pack things so well they could survive being dropped off a 10 story building. I've bought several sewing machines from this particular store and the packing has always been stellar. They no longer ship heavy items though so now I have to make the drive to pick things up from there.

Cari
Old 11-19-2017, 06:42 AM

I am 0 for 2 on Goodwill packed machines, both arrived with annoying but not terminal damage due to poor packaging. They might have done better if they had just slapped a sufficient number of USPS stamps on the machine itself! At least you would not have to guess what was being shipped in that sorry excuse for a box. I have resigned myself to bidding only on machines from in-state or adjacent state Goodwill locations, so I can drive to pick them up.

John Thomas in NC