Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Elna SupermaticPrice dropped 10/15 >

Elna SupermaticPrice dropped 10/15

Elna SupermaticPrice dropped 10/15

Old 10-19-2010, 01:20 PM

I miscounted, there are 16 cams.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Maybe you could try Craigslist. I just bought the same machine on
CL, a couple of weeks ago, for $50.00 and it only had one cam with it. I think it is a cool looking sewing machine! :mrgreen:
Ditto---I bought one for $40 plus shipping on eBay a few months ago. Haven't messed with it yet, and it needs cleaning and oiling to run. There are tons out there for around that price, so your price may be somewhat high. :| Sorry to say!

Yours may have more cams and be in great shape, who knows about prices. She said hers needs cleaning and oiling to run?? Yours is running .Each machine is different. Yet again, someone posting a lower price on your post, so sorry. There are so many reasons for different prices. Hope this did not deflect from your price and getting it. HUGS Besides look at all that comes with your machine. SOunds like all the original parts and manual etc. You should have no problem getting this.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Maybe you could try Craigslist. I just bought the same machine on
CL, a couple of weeks ago, for $50.00 and it only had one cam with it. I think it is a cool looking sewing machine! :mrgreen:
Ditto---I bought one for $40 plus shipping on eBay a few months ago. Haven't messed with it yet, and it needs cleaning and oiling to run. There are tons out there for around that price, so your price may be somewhat high. :| Sorry to say!

Yours may have more cams and be in great shape, who knows about prices. She said hers needs cleaning and oiling to run?? Yours is running .Each machine is different. Yet again, someone posting a lower price on your post, so sorry. There are so many reasons for different prices. Hope this did not deflect from your price and getting it. HUGS Besides look at all that comes with your machine. SOunds like all the original parts and manual etc. You should have no problem getting this.
Yes, yours looks like it's nice and comes with a bunch of accessories so you can get a higher price than I paid. I check Craigslist regularly for vintage sewing machines on my "wish list" and advertising on there is free. You never know who might be looking for one of these green machines in your own area and then you wouldn't have to worry about shipping it.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Banned

Okay I am going to give you my expert opinion on this one (in my best Antiques Roadshow voice :lol: ) I think the price is really fair and if anything it is on the low side since it was recently serviced. Either way if I was not tapped out in the sewing machine cash department I would get it.

These are a really very nice and well built machines and they are very collectible and will do nothing but go up in price.

Billy
Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay I am going to give you my expert opinion on this one (in my best Antiques Roadshow voice :lol: ) I think the price is really fair and if anything it is on the low side since it was recently serviced. Either way if I was not tapped out in the sewing machine cash department I would get it.

These are a really very nice and well built machines and they are very collectible and will do nothing but go up in price.

Billy
Thanks Billy! It is on the low side, less than what I got it for off of eBay two years ago.
I will keep it if it doesn't sell for my lowest offer of $75 and relist it another time. It is currently offered on Craigslist as well.
It is not a necessity for me to sell it, I just was thinking I should start departing with some of my machines that I don't use, but I can't take a loss on them either.
Thanks for looking!
Natalie
Old 10-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Well like I said if I didnt just buy 6 FW's I would be all over this one because it is on my wish list of e machines to get.

So come on guys this is a great chance at owning a really super nice machine that is fully loaded!! Get it while the getting is good!!

Billy
Old 10-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

I have a green Elna and really like it. I have several vintage machines and this one along with the Singer 301 are my favorites. $75 is a great deal if it has all the cams and is running. The machines looks in beautiful condition. The after market 1/4 inch foot fits on this machine. The carry case that she is selling with it folds around the machine and makes a sewing table.

This is my green elna but it shows how the metal case makes a sewing table. Very nice!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]96595[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-96590.jpe  
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 PM

Oh how I miss using a knee lift machine. .....Oh snap out of it Chase !! (Retired and have no desire to work again........LOL)

LOL

Seriously, my industrial Pfaff had a knee lift, I was like driving in the Indy 500 sometimes. Hit the pedal, snap into reverse and lift the walking foot, onto the next cushion.

Good luck!!