featherweight from ebay

Old 11-05-2011, 09:56 PM

So sorry about your E-Bay FW. I got one off E-Bay a few months back, but had been searching for almost a year. I really checked out all the pics that they posted and I didn't want anything in really rough shape or not working.If I was un-sure of the condition I didn't bid on it. Maybe I was being too pricky, but I got a beautiful FW with a case in great condition for $225 (including shipping & it was packed good). No manual though and only a couple of extra feet. I don't really like to buy stuff that I can't see or touch in person. Maybe after you clean her up and start using it, you will be happy. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:56 AM

Don't be discouraged! I got my FW the same way and I love her!
Contact the seller and ask a few questions about the machine that was rec'd - Do you think that there was damage due to poor packing or because the machine had seen more use than you expected? Go back and look at the auction description and compare it to your machine. If the description and pics are your machine and are accurate in detail then it is a completed deal and you should try some other options. Buyers remorse is not considered a deal breaker unless you have a very 'kind' seller.

If you are unhappy you could resell or if you have a good technician that is willing to help you out you could have it refurbished and restored and painted a color that you absoluely love! I've seen soome that are real beauty queeens after painting!

On the other hand if the FW has been well used and is still in good working order, just think of all the hard work and hours of pleasure that she has given - you may start to like her