Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Featherweight question...(centennial )

Blog Entries

Featherweight question...(centennial )

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  72.2 KBMy sweet Annie would love to have a stitch plate that has markings, hers has none😂.
    Does this even exist ?
    Thanks!
    In my quilt lab!

Yes, I saw some on Ebay last week. They needn't be expensive. Hide and watch until you find one at an attractive price. I use a seam guide with mine and find it is faster than all that "looking".

In the meantime, use blue painter tape as your guide. My FW has none either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
    My sweet Annie would love to have a stitch plate that has markings, hers has none
    Does this even exist ?
    Thanks!
    Another option would be http://shop.sew-classic.com/Adhesive...-PK-SCP001.htm I'm fairly certain someone uses them on FWs and loves them.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

I also use painter's blue tape for a seam guide.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Oh, my Gosh! Your Annie has a tatted doily. I've been making these and giving them away for the last year or so, but mine are not as fancy as yours. I have three of them finished right now, waiting to find another featherweight without the fashionable tatted doily. You are just not up to snuff if you don't have a tatted doily on your featherweight.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Check out www.novamontgomery.com She carries just about everything for the featherweight. She is also very reasonable on price.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Would love to see photos of your doilies.
    Quote Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
    Oh, my Gosh! Your Annie has a tatted doily. I've been making these and giving them away for the last year or so, but mine are not as fancy as yours. I have three of them finished right now, waiting to find another featherweight without the fashionable tatted doily. You are just not up to snuff if you don't have a tatted doily on your featherweight.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  72.2 KBMy sweet Annie would love to have a stitch plate that has markings, hers has none��.
    Does this even exist ?
    Thanks!
    Your machine is gorgeous!!

Quote Originally Posted by maviskw View Post

My FW is doily-challenged! How sad. Her name is Lovely and she would love to have a tatted doily so she can be up to snuff. I'm sure she would feel better (and sew better) with one of your lovely doilies.
    Jane

Quote Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post
    My FW is doily-challenged! How sad. Her name is Lovely and she would love to have a tatted doily so she can be up to snuff. I'm sure she would feel better (and sew better) with one of your lovely doilies.
    When I come to California, I will surely give you one. Or you could come to Wisconsin. I insist on delivering them in person.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    Your machine is gorgeous!!
    Thank you!
    In my quilt lab!

My FW is rough and tough and he don't need no lacy doily! He wears a poorly cut "circle" of fleece to keep his spool pin warm! In my opinion, though, they are very fancy and dainty. I got stuck with a surly lumberjack of a FW who wants a Pendleton Wool carrying case, preferably with bear claws woven in. He never, ever show his tiny hands, even to his best pals.
    Margaret F

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    In the meantime, use blue painter tape as your guide. My FW has none either.
    Make sure you do not put the painter's tape over the decals. Ask me how I know!! Maybe I just had decals that were weak in the first place but I still would not put the tape over the decals. Just my experience.

Wow! I love the tatted doily . Would you consider selling two to me ? My Mom & I are proud new owners of featherweights . Neither of us tat.

I also have a Centennial, but have never seen the doily before. My Lucy is now feeling deprived!
    Bren
    Change is inevitable; growth is optional

Hello! I'm new to the Quilting Board. Your Annie is beautiful and I too, love the tatted doily. The only kind of hand work I never learned was tatting BUT...I decided I would crochet one and see how it turns out