Featherweight Rewiring

Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman View Post
I came across this website today and at the bottom of the page there is a area that you can bring up depending on what you need to know! Lots of information. Maybe this might help specially if you are going to rewire. I read they used the service manual for servicing the Featherweights when out in the field. If you do take it to someone make sure they have worked on Featherweights before. I have a person in my area that knows them inside and out. He cleaned and serviced my first one and did a great job. Maybe one of the wires just needs to be reconnected? Did you notify the person you bought it from? Maybe a little refund is in order to help with the other expense!! Hope you find some helpful info on this site.

http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...dard_main.html
This is great information thank you. The Service manual looks great, but I wish the pictures were larger.
I may try to find a service manual now. I talked to a local service repair man today. I think I'll call around a little more as I didn't feel real confident after talking to him.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:29 PM

I came across this website today and at the bottom of the page there is a area that you can bring up depending on what you need to know! Lots of information. Maybe this might help specially if you are going to rewire. I read they used the service manual for servicing the Featherweights when out in the field. If you do take it to someone make sure they have worked on Featherweights before. I have a person in my area that knows them inside and out. He cleaned and serviced my first one and did a great job. Maybe one of the wires just needs to be reconnected? Did you notify the person you bought it from? Maybe a little refund is in order to help with the other expense!! Hope you find some helpful info on this site.

http://www.singer-featherweight.com/...dard_main.html
This is great information thank you. The Service manual looks great, but I wish the pictures were larger.
I may try to find a service manual now. I talked to a local service repair man today. I think I'll call around a little more as I didn't feel real confident after talking to him.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 PM

I just found a wiring diagram online. I'm going to print it out tomorrow and examine it to see if it looks like something I can do. I'll keep you posted.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:26 PM

I have a motor for a Universal at a service center right now. The quote was their usual bench fee of $35, but may be $25 of it goes easily. When I realized it meant working in a tiny space and soldering, I checked with my sewing repair guy. He recommended a small appliance repair. Works for me. I was dying to use the machine, but not willing to die to do it.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 AM

I pm you some information. Here is another web site that was shared with me. I haven't looked for your problem fix but I one that clicks a bit. This was shared with me and found it helpful. http://thefeatherweight221factory.com

I'm glad that the other site was of help. It seems to be very informative.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
I have a motor for a Universal at a service center right now. The quote was their usual bench fee of $35, but may be $25 of it goes easily. When I realized it meant working in a tiny space and soldering, I checked with my sewing repair guy. He recommended a small appliance repair. Works for me. I was dying to use the machine, but not willing to die to do it.
That's a good idea Irishrose...I'm not in a hurry to get this done, although I'd love to use it! I'm finding I don't mind the research and the sites everyone has been suggesting have great information and I'm learning alot about this little machine. Actually the fact that I knew more than one repair man I called was a little surprising, but also helped me decide I shouldn't use him for this repair!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:31 PM

I pm you some information. Here is another web site that was shared with me. I haven't looked for your problem fix but I one that clicks a bit. This was shared with me and found it helpful. http://thefeatherweight221factory.com

I'm glad that the other site was of help. It seems to be very informative.
Wine Woman thanks for another great site. This one actually has the service manual that intriqued me in your last site suggestion. I'm going to take a good look at it! Thank you!