Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Finally picked the machine up! >

Finally picked the machine up!

Finally picked the machine up!

Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 AM

Default Finally picked the machine up!

i finally was able to pick up the machine I posted pics of a couple of weeks ago. The serial # is 12286118. it needed a new belt - my friend had one - never used, but not new - lol & it was rotten. I ordered a new belt. It is missing the hardware on one drawer, so I will be looking for that, has a water "ring" on one side of the cabinet (I'm sure someone used it as a plant stand) & a few nicks & scars on the cabinet. The key is missing, & no manual. The machine is exceptionally clean, though - it had been well covered in storage. The coffin top is in almost "like new" condition. All in all, I'm well pleased & as soon as the new belt is here & on, & I get it cleaned & oiled, my daughter will be sewing on it! She loves it even before being able to sew on it.

Shirley in Indiana
Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 AM

I went back to your other post to see the pics. Nice machine.... lucky daughter.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:42 AM

Hi oleganny,

I hope one day I will be as lucky to find such a jewel. Am looking for a treadle as I don't currently have one and to get such a beautiful one with those attachments and cabinet would be a dream come true. Your daughter is one lucky girl.

Kitsykeel
Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 AM

We are so happy to have it. I originally inquired about a machine my friend was selling for someone else, but
it didn't work - this one had belonged to her cousin who died about 3 years ago & her cousin was sewing on it up until the belt breaking about 6 months or so before she died. From the looks of the extra belt, she had tried to put it on, but as I said, it was so old it was rotten. I can't wait until the new belt arrives. One side of the cabinet is a little loose, but we have a master cabinet maker in the family, so I'm sure he will be able to fix it when he gets in off the road.

Shirley in Indiana