Fleece threw tension off?

Old 01-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'd agree that your problem is fuzzies from the fleece that are where they shouldn't be - and that can include under the spring part of the bobbin case. I've actually had that happen many times with my Viking (main machine) where I've had to lift it up just enough to blow it out good - and then it works fine. That is the very first thing I check when all of a sudden my bobbin tension is way too loose.
I use dental floss to clean out lint in the bobbin case. Also agree to change the needle and make sure your bobbin thread isn't too loose.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:19 PM

Fleece will do that on many machines. I've often heard of it.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:25 PM

Is theneedle in right? I had this happend to me and I put the needle in backwards.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM

All's well that ends well...thank you for your suggestions and offers to help...I've been away from the sewing machine for over a week, and decided to tackle the problem a couple of days ago... Surprisingly, there was not a lot of lint to clean out, so yesterday, I decided to take the plunge... I looked at the manual and saw where I could take out the bobbin case...and I hoed ere would be more lint there. So, I unscrewed one screw, and almost lost it!! Then, I got cold feet, and tried to screw that one screw back in... And I'm not sure I was successful... So...rather than "mess up" further, I thought to go back to the OSMG that had fixed my machine back in November 2013... Hoping they would not charge me too much since the machine had just been in the shop... I was so excited... THe OSMG adjusted my tension for free! And, now I know exactly where the screw is, to adjust the bobbin tension, if it needs it. But, honestly, in over 50 years of sewing, I have never once had to adjust my bobbin tension...so I doubt I'll need to do it another time. But, the machine is fixed, and I can have my pretty straight stitches again on that machine! Thanks again for your willingness to help a scaredy cat!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Ellietow,

Don't be a "scaredy cat" when it comes to machine adjustments and maintenance. Bobbin case and top tension adjustments are covered in most of the owners manuals I have. It's nothing complex or difficult.
And it's easy to do. The hardest thing is getting the bobbin case out of the machine and cleaning all the lint and fuzz out of it.

Every, well most, machine I have bought has has to have the tensions adjusted. Most were so tight I wondered if they were using micro sized thread. I have a habit of checking them with size 50 thread and setting them with that.
Once done they seem to work great with most everything else.

So, next time, don't fret, just read the manual ( if you have it ) put on your magnifying glasses and do it.

Joe