Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Folding table for sewing machine >

Folding table for sewing machine

Folding table for sewing machine

Old 12-10-2013, 08:31 AM

It looks like a really nice table
Old 04-19-2015, 10:36 AM

I have done some research on my table. It is for a 128 99 or 201 from what I understand. I can not find any other information about it. The opening is 19 by 8 3/8. Is there anyone out there that could give me information on pricing this table to sell? It is in excellent condition. Paula
Old 04-20-2015, 05:30 AM

I know nothing but will hazard a guess and say you have your information wrong. A 99 is a 3/4 sized machine. A 201 is full sized machine. I can't see it be a fit for both.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:46 AM

Christy - the 201 portable came in a case like the 301 (but it's bigger) with a wooden base, that base is the shortest of the three - 3/4 size bentwood, full size bentwood and base for cased models.

That newer wooden base does not have the back extended to the full length of the machine including the flywheel, it ends at the back of the base. So it makes it 4" shorter than the base for the bentwood case models.

Pdwyer, I'm sending you a PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Christy - the 201 portable came in a case like the 301 (but it's bigger) with a wooden base, that base is the shortest of the three - 3/4 size bentwood, full size bentwood and base for cased models.

That newer wooden base does not have the back extended to the full length of the machine including the flywheel, it ends at the back of the base. So it makes it 4" shorter than the base for the bentwood case models.
Cathy, I haven't had my coffee yet and am totally confused. I think I need pictures to sort this out. Are you saying the base of the 201 is actually smaller than the 99?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:20 AM

The machine is not the issue - it's the Wooden Base.

Here is a 66 in the base from a bentwood case

Notice how the wood base extends out PAST the base of the machine so the cover will fit over the flywheel? The total measurement for this is around 20"

Here is a picture of a 128, also in the base for a bentwood case, total length of this one is about 17.25"

My husband's 201 came in this case (open one) sitting next to the slightly smaller case the 301 comes in.

He put his machine in a cabinet, and here is the base with a 15 in it. Notice how it does not extend past the end of the machine bed. Total length of the wood base is about 16"

Last edited by Macybaby; 04-20-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:35 AM

BTW - I think it's more that the table was made to fit the wood base for the cased models (I've seen both 15's and 201's as "portable" machines). This base is just a tad narrower and a lot shorter than those used for full size Bentwood cases.

It just so happens, that the bentwood base for the 99 and 128 is about the same width and short enough to also fit in this size opening.

On a side note - I am usually pulling out old photos in my photobucket account - and it's funny to realize how much I've moved stuff around in the last few years!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:35 AM

Cathy, thank you. I can understand it better with photos. I happen to have a 201 in a bentwood case and that case extends beyond the handwheel so that's probably part of my confusion. *Thank God, I thought it was an "old" thing happening! I knew that the trapezoid cases were available for machines other than the 301 but I didn't know about the wooden base part.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM

Aha! Looks like the one I have is for a Featherweight, but it's missing one of the metal supports for the machine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517531[/ATTACH]

Too bad, because it is a perfect fit!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517532[/ATTACH]
What is that support piece called? A bracket? Anyone have an extra that they don't need?? I checked Sew Classic and didn't find that part. Please PM me if you can give me some help finding the piece.

You can see that this table has been "well-loved" or beaten half to death, whichever term you prefer. I think it's been in our garage for about 30 years. I suppose my MIL must have "upgraded" to a nice plastic machine at one point. That's what she has now, at any rate. This table has been used for everything under the sun except its primary purpose for too, too long. Glad I found out what it is! Right now I use it to hold machines I'm repairing, just on the top.

I suppose someday I should refinish the table. It looks like the whole veneer top ought to be replaced. Ugh. Well, some day, when I get tired of fixing machines, I guess!
Attached Thumbnails fw-table2.jpg   fw-table.jpg  
Old 04-20-2015, 04:19 PM

Margaret F, check with "Glenn" at this site for a bracket for your card table: http://pages.suddenlink.net/joyof301s/glenn.htm