I love that.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Wow how unusual! It's beautiful!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:26 PM

I love the name Millie! Good one!

Originally Posted by suebee
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by heyjami
I like that name... Grace. Since she is so ornate and complicated. I considered Marilyn - or perhaps Norma Jean?

I have an adorable Model 24 too. She seems more like a Grace.

And my New Home - Gloria (after my mom who was upset that I didn't name my daughter after her).
I read that these machine were mostly used by Milliners..perhaps MILLIE would be good! OR Hattie!
I love Millie! very cute, LOL
Old 02-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Power Poster

Just picked up a beautiful Automatic Noiseless Willcox & Gibbs in #6 Drop Case treadle cabinet (also in beautiful condition!).

I'm so thrilled! I can't wait until I have a few moments to get to know it and sew something on it! After I oil it properly - the previous owner use WD40 to un-stick it.

Now what is this thing I noticed that you all name your pretty vintage ladies?
It's beautiful. I have been looking at one of these too. I tried to explain it to my husband, and showed him your pictures. Do you know what he said? "Looks like a big clamp." HA! Men.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:39 PM

She was on my Craig's List locally. I emailed the poster my phone number and we chatted for over an hour on Friday - we bonded immediately - she even shared a really cool recipe when I picked up the beauty! We had the Girl Scout Leader thing in common as well as a love of antiques. She was happy to send her to a loving home. She got her from her neighbor a few years prior and her neighbor received it as a gift from her father. She keeps in contact with her old neighbor and I'll likely get everyone's names down to keep with the machine.

Millie shares the top spot in my collection with my Singer 24 (with equally impressive decals but a lesser cabinet). Both with perfectly ornate treadles.

Small, gorgeous beauties!

Besides being so pretty, they are helping me teach my children basics mechanics and machinery.

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
What a beauty. How did you find her? Did you know the previous owners? You are indeed lucky. Enjoy your new machine.
Sue
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 PM

This brings back memories. I had one with a beautiful cabnet too. Sold most all my antiques when we moved to FL. That is one I wish I had kept! :cry: It sewed nice and even. You are a lucky lady to find one.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 PM

What about Wilhemina? After the icon model who started Wilhemina Modeling Agency. Afterall, she is a beauty!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:05 PM

WOW :-)
Old 02-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned

She was on my Craig's List locally. I emailed the poster my phone number and we chatted for over an hour on Friday - we bonded immediately - she even shared a really cool recipe when I picked up the beauty! We had the Girl Scout Leader thing in common as well as a love of antiques. She was happy to send her to a loving home. She got her from her neighbor a few years prior and her neighbor received it as a gift from her father. She keeps in contact with her old neighbor and I'll likely get everyone's names down to keep with the machine.

Millie shares the top spot in my collection with my Singer 24 (with equally impressive decals but a lesser cabinet). Both with perfectly ornate treadles.

Small, gorgeous beauties!

Besides being so pretty, they are helping me teach my children basics mechanics and machinery.

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
What a beauty. How did you find her? Did you know the previous owners? You are indeed lucky. Enjoy your new machine.
Sue
Ah the home of the Chain Stitchers!!! I have a really rare attachment to go on a Class 15 machine that turns it into a chain stitch machine. I think it was a Kenmore option but it will work on any Class 15 machine. Really neat little piece.

Billy