Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Found a Singer 7110 in a thrift shop... >

Found a Singer 7110 in a thrift shop...

Found a Singer 7110 in a thrift shop...

Old 07-16-2013, 05:12 PM

Question Found a Singer 7110 in a thrift shop...

...in a vinyl carry bag with all accessories and manual. They're asking 29.95. Looked pretty clean, flywheel moves freely, but no way to test it out properly. Worth picking up anyway? Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Power Poster

I would bring fabric scraps, thread and an extension cord and see if it works. $29 dollars sounds good but only if it works. Now if you are really good at repairs, can order parts off the Internet, then it is up to you. How much are willing to spend to get it running? If you have to buy $60 in parts, then it won't be a bargain anymore in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM

at this point i would definitely ask to see if it turns on. I bought a singer graduate sight unseen. When it arrived the entire machine was seized and wouldnt move. After copious amounts of oil and persistence i got it running. It now runs like a champ. But if you're unsure of your mechanical abilites then maybe you'd have to think about if your willing to spend time really learning your machine. Lol i love vintage machines because it does give ya satisfaction that you can fix up something that can make beautiful things. Vintage singers are awesome and if well taken cared of will last many years and may even outlast their owners.

So see if it turns on. If ya love it buy it. Learn from it, and it can change how you see modern machines differently.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I would definitely want to see if it powers up.