Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Free antique machines in Atlanta >

Free antique machines in Atlanta

Free antique machines in Atlanta

Old 11-06-2013, 02:22 PM

Default Free antique machines in Atlanta

For anyone located in the Atlanta, GA area I have two antique sewing machines for FREE if you can pick up one or both of them.

The first is an electric 1945 Singer Model 66 (I believe) that worked beautifully up until the last time I tried to use it. Now, it just doesn’t do anything when you push on the foot control. It doesn’t have any rust and the color is black. The hand wheel turns freely manually.

The other is an electric clone with a Singer motor. It works and I bought a new bobbin case for it, but it needs some work where the thread goes around the tension wheel because the thread does not flow through this area freely. This has a hard case that the machine is seated in and has a clip on cover. The machine is a light green(celery) color.

I don’t want to have to pack these up to mail – they are very heavy; I would prefer to give them to someone who can pick them up. Rather than keeping them around for someday when I would fix them, I thought that maybe someone would like to adopt these machines and put them to good use. Let me know if you want pictures and I will email them to you. If interested, email me at [email protected].
Old 11-10-2013, 07:10 PM

These machines have been promised and are pending pickup.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 PM

Very generous of you Toby. Thanks for taking the time to find them a good home.
Rodney