Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Free parts, cams, pedal, manual for Kenmore 90 >

Free parts, cams, pedal, manual for Kenmore 90

Free parts, cams, pedal, manual for Kenmore 90

Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 AM

found one with that manual - number is 158-904

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEARS-KENMOR...p2047675.l2557
Old 05-28-2014, 09:03 AM

And another 158-900, so it looks like it's the 158 group - and then 90X, BTW - I found one add that said the machine was from 1961

I've seen adds that include ALL of the attachmnets shown in the pictures, including the neat stitch pattern wheel.

One even had the "sew by color" box, with the colored greist feet.

Last edited by Macybaby; 05-28-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
I am sorry I don't know more about model numbers. The person no longer has the machine, just the loot. Here are all the photos of the loot:

I have contacted the ad-placer and have expressed interest. I am sure I can share it with someone who can use it! I wonder if any of this loot will be compatible with my 15 clone, or my Elna Supermatic? My machines are all low shanks, as far as I know. Kenmore, are they high shank? Would that even matter when it comes to some of this stuff?
I'd be surprised if any of it worked with your Elna, and the bobbins might be the only thing that work with your 15 clone. The cams and the buttonholer defintely won't work with either.

Kenmore feet will be either low, high, or super high shank. The latter were exclusive to Kenmore machines, though I am not sure they were in use at the time that the model 90 came out.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
I'd be surprised if any of it worked with your Elna, and the bobbins might be the only thing that work with your 15 clone. The cams and the buttonholer defintely won't work with either.

Kenmore feet will be either low, high, or super high shank. The latter were exclusive to Kenmore machines, though I am not sure they were in use at the time that the model 90 came out.

Thank you, everyone for your knowledge!

I will be picking up the lot in a few weeks (when I am in that area.) I have noted the people who have contacted me wanting some of the loot! I will re-surface on the topic when I have the loot.

(Terrible shame is, the lady stored the machine separate from the loot, and the machine got "ruined in storage" and she threw it away! Sigh. )
Old 05-30-2014, 01:10 PM

According to source info from another sewing machine enthusiast group:
The model 90 is Kenmore 158.900, or 158.902, or 158.904. It was made in Japan between 1961 & 1965.
The one listed was lavender. It is an automatic, w/3 way buttonholer, side a loaded bobbin, low shank, oscillating hook and original price in its time was $208.99++Hope this helps,
Old 05-31-2014, 04:41 PM

Well this is just the oddest luck. I bought a sister machine to the Kenmore I am working on that had a ruined case. It was a good enough deal at 5 bucks figuring i could hi-jack the case for this other machine. After all they look nearly identical and probably have the same footprint.

I had a little buyers remorse after I successfully sold ONE machine this week and then proceeded to gather in THREE! Argh! So as much as I liked the Kenmore I figured I know someone looking for an inexpensive machine and figured I would hurry this one along...git 'er done, pop it in the fresh case and send it off to someone who needs one. I just got the "new" Kenmore out of it's case and it turns out to be a 158.950. I wonder if that is a 90 series?
Old 05-31-2014, 05:18 PM

Well this is just the oddest luck. I bought a sister machine to the Kenmore I am working on that had a ruined case. It was a good enough deal at 5 bucks figuring i could hi-jack the case for this other machine. After all they look nearly identical and probably have the same footprint.

I had a little buyers remorse after I successfully sold ONE machine this week and then proceeded to gather in THREE! Argh! So as much as I liked the Kenmore I figured I know someone looking for an inexpensive machine and figured I would hurry this one along...git 'er done, pop it in the fresh case and send it off to someone who needs one. I just got the "new" Kenmore out of it's case and it turns out to be a 158.950. I wonder if that is a 90 series?