Freia free arm sewing machine

Old 07-30-2019, 07:07 AM

Default Freia free arm sewing machine

There was a thread some years ago about Freia free arm sewing machine. I also have one and it misses bobbin case, too. I wonder if anyone knows what type of bobbin case comes with this machine . It does not look like it takes the usual Bernina or Singer type of bobbin...
Old 07-30-2019, 07:50 AM

I couldn't find much info on it, here's a picture of a Freia (MEWA) bobbin case with the race and hook. There is a MEWA Fisher model, but I have no idea about bobbin case compatability.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:57 AM

Welcome to the Quilting Board! Is this the thread you were referring to? There are some posts that discuss a little about the bobbin but not much.

First free-arm Sewing Machine
Old 07-30-2019, 08:15 AM

Here is an instruction manual that I found online. It's in German & in English & has 5 parts to it. I didn't see where it told what type of bobbin is actually used in the machine but you still might be able to get other information from the manual that you did not know about. Hope this helps you. The second link is to a site where someone purchased a machine at an flea market in 2017. Maybe you could contact that person & ask about the bobbin area and other questions that you might have.

http://needlebar.org/main/manuals/mewafreia/1index.html

https://pumpkinhollowprimitives.blog...wa-sewing.html

Last edited by osewme; 07-30-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:41 PM

thank you so much, the bobbin case looks like it could match the one for Freia as well. The machine was made in former East germany and the Fischer, who designed the machine might have used his own construction like Lada had for their machines instead of using bernina or Singer type of bobbin case