Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Friends found me 2 machines today! >

Friends found me 2 machines today!

Friends found me 2 machines today!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:29 AM

Default Friends found me 2 machines today!

I have girlfriends that are trained well. My first call came from a friend that was in Overbrook KS this am and called to say she saw a Grasshopper in a cabinet for $15.00 and do I want it? Yes bring it to me! She is coming to my house for the weekend so we can get a quilt made for one of her grand daughters. I can't wait to see this little green machine. I have looked on the internet and am excited to see what I am really getting. If it is in a cabinet I probably will not get the case it came in but still will have fun with it. Then I was out mowing and when done found a voice mail, texts and photos from another friend who is visiting in Grove OK this weekend and has found an older Singer in a bentwood case that she says is immaculate and do I want it? YES! This one I won't get til Memorial weekend but I am excited today! Can't wait to get to play with my "new" machines. I am thinking the one in the bentwood may even be one of the older 99's. It doesn't have the stitch regulator bar but looks like a 99. :>)
Old 04-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Years ago I had a friend who attended auctions regularly. She got me 2 different machines, both good prices and great machines. Post photos of your new machines.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:39 PM

Yep, would love to see pics of the new babies when ya get them!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:50 PM

Congrats! My mom finds bargains like this all the time at yard sales and auctions.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 AM

Yes. Please post pictures of your new machines. It gives courage to all of us to keep hunting.