Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FW arrived today

Oh my goodness!!! I am just mortified at the way this was shipped! It is truly amazing that you got it. And all in one piece. I would raise heck with the seller. Well I actually cannot believe anyone would allow it be shipped that way. Geesh. Both of mine were in two boxes each and packed with peanuts and bubblewrap. I began to wonder if I would ever get to the machines. LOL I hope you & Lizzy have many many years of happiness & make many quilts together.

There are also several original power cords listed on E-Bay. About your FW, we have won many machine auctions on E-Bay and nothing surprises me. We won a Singer model 99 in a Bentwood case (domed wood). The machine arrived totally destroyed. It was a beautiful machine we bid on according to the pictures on E-Bay. The seller gave us no satisfaction at all. E-Bay refunded our money as the seller had no packing whatsoever and nothing inside the case to secure the machine to the base. The machine flopped around inside the case and totally destroyed the case and damaged the machine. I am so glad your machine arrived in as good condition as it did.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello! I have been selling on EBAY for 12 years full time and I am astounded at the way this was shipped. In my wildest dreams I would not ship an item that looks like that! When you take off the labels I am sure some of the backing is going to come off. If you paid via Paypal you do have some recourse. First contact the seller and let him/her know that this is unacceptable. If you wish to keep the machine you can get a partial refund for the damage (outer package and if there is any damage to the machine itself). Or if you don't want to keep it then ask for a full refund with the seller pre-paying the shipping! I would also contact Ebay & paypal as you are covered under paypal protection rules. You ordered a machine & outer box. Not a machine and an outer shipping box! If you have any question feel free to PM me. I can guide you. But being an Ebay seller on this board that is horrible. And I am also a quilter & lover of FW's..that is just plain laziness on the seller's part and you should be compensated. Something like this happened to me around Christmas with an Accuquilt Go & dies I ordered. I did resolve the matter with the seller & received a good partial refund without going thru the Paypal process. If you do resolve the matter in an equitable way. Good or neutral feedback. As an Ebay seller..things are hard very hard. Give credit where credit is due.

Blog Entries
    I bet the post office is the one who taped the handle!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I'm so glad it wasn't damaged!
    You really should at least let the seller know that it shouldn't be sent that way so he/she knows for the future.
    Whether they listen or not at least you put it out there.
    Have fun!!! :D:D FW's are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try featherweight221.com
    I have done business with Dave and Sharon for several years.
    Very honest people.
    Penny
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    anyone know where I can order a new foot pedal with cords?

Add said it had one small area with tape, WRONG
    3 places. plus worn cord and 2 of the 3 areas are 1; coming out of the foot pedal and 2; wires showing coming out of the plug. Easy fix, get a replacement.

Importantly she seems to work perfect, and looks great!:) I am in love.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I've heard the same thing about them.
    But we have Billy right here. He may have them.
    His id is Lostn51

Billy is our board TREASURE! :)

That is really awful. Glad the machine survived. Sure would like to know who that seller was as I'd never, repeat never, want to buy anything from them. Hope you get some satisfaction from Ebay and PayPal. All the best and happy quilting.

Blog Entries
    OMG! I shipped a FW to one of the ladies on the QB. I stuffed bubble wrap inside so nothing would move and UPS wrapped it in bubble before putting it in the box.
    Glad your FW is ok.

glad it arrived in as good shape as it did without any box or packing. it is a beauty.

My post office would never have accepted that. Hope everything is still intact.

Have never seen this done before but the machine is perfect.

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
    Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.

I am so jealous! Dave's DVD and book are my lifelines. Would love to take a class from him but he couldn't be any further away unless he lived overseas! Glad you had that oppurtunity.
    Penny
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
    Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.

Oops, sorry, egg on my face. I forgot about Billy. Sorry, Billy!
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I've heard the same thing about them.
    But we have Billy right here. He may have them.
    His id is Lostn51

Billy is our board TREASURE! :)

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechunk
    I am so jealous! Dave's DVD and book are my lifelines. Would love to take a class from him but he couldn't be any further away unless he lived overseas! Glad you had that oppurtunity.
    Penny
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    Yes, we are very lucky to have him in the area (I'm about 37 mi from where he lives). I found him by chance when I bought my machine at a fabric store in his town (owned by the woman who invented Omnigrid rulers--now retired). They had a post on the wall about his class held in the store and they highly recommended I take it to learn how to care for the machine. Best money I ever spent!! I also have a couple other Singers and the info helped get them in shape.

All I can say is OMG!!! I would freak out!!!!

I ordered a cord, DH said he thinks he can rewire it. I have one book on featherweights and would love to get Dave's once I have $.
    I am signed up for a class "Care and Feeding of your Featherweight" Highly recommended in my location. Can't wait until 5/7 for the class.
    Don't want to use her until the cord is replaced. Add said one taped section on cord, ok I can live with that. NOT the case; 3 taped areas, wires showing coming out of foot and into the plug, and cord in BAD shape.

Wow, I didn't even know that was possible! I'm so very glad it was ok!

Many people have tried, but it always boils down to " You can't fix stupid".

Power Poster
    Glad it was ok. Did the box get ruined while taking all that tape off?

No, just a little color off from the address label. Other than the cord, I don't see anything wrong with "Lizzy", and she sews a perfect stitch from the little I tested.

Blog Entries
    I bought one on EBay that UPS dropped & busted the bottom it sat on=99K model, Then I had to find another one which I did & am waiting to see what shape it will be in. A different seller. Then I got a email from the first seller saying UPS said I kept the machine & that will be a MESS TO STRAIGHTEN OUT.Pray this works out OK for me

I just remembered that a friend of mine once got a Singer 99 model on ebay and they sent it to her in a Pampers box. God watches out for us, that machine arrived without any damage.
    Another machine (also a 99) she got on ebay was much, much better packed but there was damage.

Power Poster
    Wow I am surprised it was able to be shipped that way especially where it was labeled as fragile. Glad it arrived in one piece.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast