Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: FW arrived today

  1. #26
    Super Member Gramof6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,357
    Oh my goodness!!! I am just mortified at the way this was shipped! It is truly amazing that you got it. And all in one piece. I would raise heck with the seller. Well I actually cannot believe anyone would allow it be shipped that way. Geesh. Both of mine were in two boxes each and packed with peanuts and bubblewrap. I began to wonder if I would ever get to the machines. LOL I hope you & Lizzy have many many years of happiness & make many quilts together.

  2. #27
    Power Poster twinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    14,845
    There are also several original power cords listed on E-Bay. About your FW, we have won many machine auctions on E-Bay and nothing surprises me. We won a Singer model 99 in a Bentwood case (domed wood). The machine arrived totally destroyed. It was a beautiful machine we bid on according to the pictures on E-Bay. The seller gave us no satisfaction at all. E-Bay refunded our money as the seller had no packing whatsoever and nothing inside the case to secure the machine to the base. The machine flopped around inside the case and totally destroyed the case and damaged the machine. I am so glad your machine arrived in as good condition as it did.
    Attached Images Attached Images



  3. #28
    Senior Member CAJAMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    600
    Hello! I have been selling on EBAY for 12 years full time and I am astounded at the way this was shipped. In my wildest dreams I would not ship an item that looks like that! When you take off the labels I am sure some of the backing is going to come off. If you paid via Paypal you do have some recourse. First contact the seller and let him/her know that this is unacceptable. If you wish to keep the machine you can get a partial refund for the damage (outer package and if there is any damage to the machine itself). Or if you don't want to keep it then ask for a full refund with the seller pre-paying the shipping! I would also contact Ebay & paypal as you are covered under paypal protection rules. You ordered a machine & outer box. Not a machine and an outer shipping box! If you have any question feel free to PM me. I can guide you. But being an Ebay seller on this board that is horrible. And I am also a quilter & lover of FW's..that is just plain laziness on the seller's part and you should be compensated. Something like this happened to me around Christmas with an Accuquilt Go & dies I ordered. I did resolve the matter with the seller & received a good partial refund without going thru the Paypal process. If you do resolve the matter in an equitable way. Good or neutral feedback. As an Ebay seller..things are hard very hard. Give credit where credit is due.

  4. #29
    Super Member coachmatthewsvhs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vestal, NY
    Posts
    1,674
    Blog Entries
    1
    I bet the post office is the one who taped the handle!

  5. #30
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    I'm so glad it wasn't damaged!
    You really should at least let the seller know that it shouldn't be sent that way so he/she knows for the future.
    Whether they listen or not at least you put it out there.
    Have fun!!! :D:D FW's are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #31
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,156
    Try featherweight221.com
    I have done business with Dave and Sharon for several years.
    Very honest people.
    Penny
    Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    anyone know where I can order a new foot pedal with cords?

    Add said it had one small area with tape, WRONG
    3 places. plus worn cord and 2 of the 3 areas are 1; coming out of the foot pedal and 2; wires showing coming out of the plug. Easy fix, get a replacement.

    Importantly she seems to work perfect, and looks great!:) I am in love.

  7. #32
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    I've heard the same thing about them.
    But we have Billy right here. He may have them.
    His id is Lostn51

    Billy is our board TREASURE! :)

  8. #33

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    CA & NM
    Posts
    1,125
    That is really awful. Glad the machine survived. Sure would like to know who that seller was as I'd never, repeat never, want to buy anything from them. Hope you get some satisfaction from Ebay and PayPal. All the best and happy quilting.

  9. #34
    Super Member Olivia's Grammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, GA
    Posts
    2,881
    Blog Entries
    1
    OMG! I shipped a FW to one of the ladies on the QB. I stuffed bubble wrap inside so nothing would move and UPS wrapped it in bubble before putting it in the box.
    Glad your FW is ok.

  10. #35
    Senior Member doll-lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    562
    glad it arrived in as good shape as it did without any box or packing. it is a beauty.

  11. #36
    Super Member Quiltbeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,197
    My post office would never have accepted that. Hope everything is still intact.

  12. #37
    Super Member gramquilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    6,180
    Have never seen this done before but the machine is perfect.

  13. #38
    Senior Member Linda - K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Posts
    707
    Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
    Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.

  14. #39
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,156
    I am so jealous! Dave's DVD and book are my lifelines. Would love to take a class from him but he couldn't be any further away unless he lived overseas! Glad you had that oppurtunity.
    Penny
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
    Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.

  15. #40
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,156
    Oops, sorry, egg on my face. I forgot about Billy. Sorry, Billy!
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    I've heard the same thing about them.
    But we have Billy right here. He may have them.
    His id is Lostn51

    Billy is our board TREASURE! :)

  16. #41
    Senior Member Linda - K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiechunk
    I am so jealous! Dave's DVD and book are my lifelines. Would love to take a class from him but he couldn't be any further away unless he lived overseas! Glad you had that oppurtunity.
    Penny
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda - K.
    Yikes!! So glad it made it to you and didn't pass anyone in the process that knew what it is and they had "sticky fingers". You might not have gotten it at all. There is a web site (not sure where) that shows how to package a 221 for mailing to help get it there safely. I think if I bought one online I'd send the link to the person to make sure they knew what to do.
    Also, for parts I've used both www.221parts.com and www.featherweight221.com. I bought a new foot pedal (with plugs and all ready to go!) and feet also from parts site. Then from FW221 site I've gotten parts and his book/dvds. I highly recommend the book and dvds for maintenance, etc. Went to Dave's maintenance class here in WA (he's the FW221 site owner) and he's very good in explaining how to take care of your baby.
    Yes, we are very lucky to have him in the area (I'm about 37 mi from where he lives). I found him by chance when I bought my machine at a fabric store in his town (owned by the woman who invented Omnigrid rulers--now retired). They had a post on the wall about his class held in the store and they highly recommended I take it to learn how to care for the machine. Best money I ever spent!! I also have a couple other Singers and the info helped get them in shape.

  17. #42
    Senior Member pugmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Auburn, KS
    Posts
    356
    All I can say is OMG!!! I would freak out!!!!

  18. #43
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    I ordered a cord, DH said he thinks he can rewire it. I have one book on featherweights and would love to get Dave's once I have $.
    I am signed up for a class "Care and Feeding of your Featherweight" Highly recommended in my location. Can't wait until 5/7 for the class.
    Don't want to use her until the cord is replaced. Add said one taped section on cord, ok I can live with that. NOT the case; 3 taped areas, wires showing coming out of foot and into the plug, and cord in BAD shape.

  19. #44
    Super Member Gladys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,647
    Wow, I didn't even know that was possible! I'm so very glad it was ok!

  20. #45
    Member hootnannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mount Bethel, PA
    Posts
    91
    Many people have tried, but it always boils down to " You can't fix stupid".

  21. #46
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Suring, Wisconsin
    Posts
    14,355
    Glad it was ok. Did the box get ruined while taking all that tape off?

  22. #47
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    No, just a little color off from the address label. Other than the cord, I don't see anything wrong with "Lizzy", and she sews a perfect stitch from the little I tested.

  23. #48
    Super Member hairquilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,655
    Blog Entries
    2
    I bought one on EBay that UPS dropped & busted the bottom it sat on=99K model, Then I had to find another one which I did & am waiting to see what shape it will be in. A different seller. Then I got a email from the first seller saying UPS said I kept the machine & that will be a MESS TO STRAIGHTEN OUT.Pray this works out OK for me

  24. #49
    Guest
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,156
    I just remembered that a friend of mine once got a Singer 99 model on ebay and they sent it to her in a Pampers box. God watches out for us, that machine arrived without any damage.
    Another machine (also a 99) she got on ebay was much, much better packed but there was damage.

  25. #50
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Roxbury, Ma
    Posts
    10,363
    Wow I am surprised it was able to be shipped that way especially where it was labeled as fragile. Glad it arrived in one piece.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.