Is this a good price?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:56 AM

Its over priced for its condition. The decals are missing all along the front edge of the bed, the center bed decal is gone. The slide plate is missing, although that might be in one of the drawers of the cabinet. Often people don't know how to put them back on again. The wiring probably isn't in good condition either.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

location does make a difference, what i may find for $20 may be $200 somewhere else, but that machine looks pretty rough, and i would be patient & keep looking- I spent 3 years stopping at yard sales, thrift stores, looking- sometimes finding one i really 'thought about'-considered and would still walk away- then one day i walked into a garage sale & there was the most beautiful little 99-K, in beautiful condition- the owner had taken really good care of it, all was there, all was working, and when they said (would $20 be too much?) i about fell over! best $20 i've ever spent and certainly worth the 3 years of 'browsing'
Old 04-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
location does make a difference, what i may find for $20 may be $200 somewhere else, but that machine looks pretty rough, and i would be patient & keep looking- I spent 3 years stopping at yard sales, thrift stores, looking- sometimes finding one i really 'thought about'-considered and would still walk away- then one day i walked into a garage sale & there was the most beautiful little 99-K, in beautiful condition- the owner had taken really good care of it, all was there, all was working, and when they said (would $20 be too much?) i about fell over! best $20 i've ever spent and certainly worth the 3 years of 'browsing'
I guess it depends on how soon you need it...
Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Once upon a time, I lived in Idaho Falls for five years. Because the area is so secuded, prices tend to be higher than in my very highly populated area. Yes, I think it's way too high and I would certainly make a deal with them first.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:19 PM

It's way overpriced. The decals are lousy, the wiring probably needs to be replaced, and a slide plate is missing. Does it have a bobbin case? In this area (New England), if I bought that machine and cabinet, I'd expect to pay maybe $25, $35 tops.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 PM
CRO

Thanks everyone for your comments. I don't "need" it, so will spend as much time as necessary looking.
Wannabee you hit the nail on the head. It is lower population and for some reason everyone seems to think what they have is top of line.