Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Got All of my Feet for my Sewing Machine >

Got All of my Feet for my Sewing Machine

Got All of my Feet for my Sewing Machine

Old 12-12-2013, 04:09 AM

Smile Got All of my Feet for my Sewing Machine

Hi Everyone

Thanks to Amazon I now have all of my Feet for my Singer Sewing Machine...My Singer does Quilting but I needed the Open Toe Foot and the Walker Foot and the 1/4 Foot so I got on Amazon and checked and they had my Feet for my model sewing machine so I sent for them and I got them...I am a happy camper...

Someday I would like to buy me a really good Janome Sewing Machine...all of my friends have one that are in my two quilting groups in my city and I would love to have one. We have a Janome Dealership/Shop/Quilting Store not too far from me and they have their Janome's on Sale quit often.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:51 AM

Have fun playing with your feet.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 AM

Congrats on getting all your feet for it.
Rodney
Old 12-12-2013, 07:42 AM

"all my feet" - sorry, but you are way far from having "all" of them LOL!!! It's a very slippery slope when you start going that way.

One of the nice things with Singer- you can get brand new items and they fit!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM

I have tootsies for machines I never owned. Feet I have no idea what machine they fit. Feet that fit my machines, but are not identified what machines or type of machines they fit.

{ http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...t-t186875.html }

Then there are those feet I have that fit my machines, but I don't know how to use them.

Slippery slope indeed

Joe
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 PM

hehe - and I'm going to add to your collection Joe - sending you all the more modern non-singer stuff I can't figure out - and all the high shank feet too. And of course the WW stuff I got for you.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
hehe - and I'm going to add to your collection Joe - sending you all the more modern non-singer stuff I can't figure out - and all the high shank feet too. And of course the WW stuff I got for you.
Oooooo goodies for me. Whooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to put together a Singer set for each machine we're keeping. And a Greist set for each non-Singer we're keeping. Not doing too bad so far, but I've got a loooooooooong way to go.

Joe
Old 12-12-2013, 04:51 PM

I've got a set for each Singer - and some "extras" taht are unique. I've got all four styles of 66 Back Clamp sets, though I've only got two machines.

Then I went to Greist so I could get a set for my New Queen and Two Spool . . . and then I had to work on collecting one for each of the 8 Needlbar lists . . .

And THEN - I went overboard after I found a few oddball sets - and now I'm collection Johnston sets from the late 1880's. From what I've read - Greist bought out Johnston. . . I've actually found on Ruffler that looks just like the funny one for the 66 set (the one that says "66" on it).

But back to the OP - what Singer do you have? Is it short or slant shank? I've got a lot of short shank feet, but no extra long shank (DH took my extra 301 set to sell with the 301 he just fixed up).
Old 12-13-2013, 09:21 AM

I've got some extra long shank feet. There's this recycled craft place by me that sells donated craft items and uses the money for Seniors. I can't help buying all the stray feet I find! For $.25 - $1.00 for a set, it's hard for me to resist. The most I paid was $2.50 for a Free Westinghouse back clamp zig zag attachment in a cool art deco plastic case. I've found some pretty cool things there - not always things I need or use, but they look like they need rescuing all dumped in a bin with odd pits and pieces related to sewing.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:22 AM

deplaylady - sounds like something I couldn't resist either!