Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Help attaching motor to Kenmore Model 83 rotary machine >

Help attaching motor to Kenmore Model 83 rotary machine

Help attaching motor to Kenmore Model 83 rotary machine

Old 05-22-2020, 12:22 PM

Default Help attaching motor to Kenmore Model 83 rotary machine

I recently acquired a Kenmore Model 83 rotary sewing machine which was left on the side of the road.The machine was working great but the wiring for the lightbulb was exposed so I removed the motor to rewire the light. I am now having a hard time reattaching the motor so that the spring provides tension to hold the motor up to the rotary wheel. I basically cannot figure out which orientation the spring uses to do this.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on reattaching the motor, or if anyone else had this machine and could send me a photo of the top looking down into the space between the machine and motor so I can understand how the spring sits.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:42 PM

I don't know Kenmore models well. This is from a Vibrating shuttle. top views don't show the hardware. mebbe front and rear might help. Does yours have angles like a F117 fighter plane?
Attached Thumbnails kenmore-spring-motor-mount-westinghouse-nh-stitch-005_crop.jpg   kenmore-motor-mount-front-003_crop.jpg