Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Help please! I can't find info on this machine! >

Help please! I can't find info on this machine!

Help please! I can't find info on this machine!

Old 06-06-2017, 11:29 AM

Default Help please! I can't find info on this machine!

Hello everybody, just wondering if anyone has any information on this sewing machine (see pics). I've searched the internet to no avail. I saw similar ones, like the "butterfly", but can't find anything else. Would appreciate any help as I want to sell it but have no clue what to price it at or even what specs to write for it. From what I did gather, it appears to be very heavy cast iron, made in Shanghai China and the date on the tag possibly reads 2009, but can't say for sure. Also the model on the tag says something like JA2, the writing is a bit faded. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, now, to add to my frustration, my pics uploads keep giving me an error message,

any advice on that please??
I think it's that my jpg pic is too big but I don't know what to do about that, omg so frustrating aaagggghhh!!!! help please

thanks in advance,
Reymar
Old 06-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Welcome to the board from Texas. Unfortunately the board is having some problems & I don't think pictures can be uploaded right now. Administration is working on our problems today. If your picture is too big you will have to reduce it in size before you can upload. But again, that might not work even if you reduce because of the problems.
Hopefully they will get them resolved soon.
Don't give up on us....technology is a wonderful thing until it doesn't work.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:22 PM

You have many challenges here. uploads want to be less than 1000x??pixels. pretty small. Not all puters have software to shrink them easily.
Does it look like this? https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...202836334.html

This looks like a Singer 15 clone with older style decals. a machine this new may be out of our range, but if it an accurate copy the Singer info may help.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:18 PM

leonf, thanks for your reply and yes, it does look alot like the one on the link. I even wrote to Singer and they couldn't (or maybe wouldn't, since it might be a clone) help me. Ok, I'll check out the info on the singer 15. Again, thanks.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:20 PM

osewme, thanks for your reply. Not glad the board is having problems with pic posting but at least glad to know it wasn't something I was doing wrong. But I do think my pics are too pic and I just don't know how to make them smaller. Again, thanks
Old 06-06-2017, 03:25 PM

Singer hasn't made anything with cast iron for many decades. They won't be helpful. There are many pages on singer clone machines posted on another topic on this board. Keep learning.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:29 PM

Hi Reymar,

Welcome to the board! It sounds like a modern model 15 clone; price varies greatly depending where you live, as well as the condition of the machine. The machines made recently (since the 1980's) in China are not of the same quality as the earlier ones, so if you're selling, it will likely be worth less than a machine from the 1950's or earlier.

As for specs, it is a modern copy of the Singer 15. It is a straight-stitch-only machine, with reverse. It uses standard 15x1 needles and class 15 bobbins, which are readily available at Walmart or craft stores. You should also say how it's powered (electric? hand crank? treadle?).

Hopefully you can post a picture later, which will allow me (or someone else) to confirm this information. If your pictures are on your phone, one easy way to reduce the size is to email them to yourself - most phones reduce the size when they send pictures. I look forward to seeing it!
Old 06-06-2017, 03:49 PM

Jennifer23 thanks a bunch for all that great info. I, unfortunately, know nothing about sewing machines, but I could see it's not electrical, def hand crank and I don't know what treadle is. Also thanks for the info on the pic size reduction via cell to email, will try that. Again, thanks a mil!
Old 06-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Somehow I ended up with a manual for an RX18S. That is all I can tell you. It looks very generic. I'll post some pics of the pamphlet. I'd love to see it in someone else's hands.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:33 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]574240[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574241[/ATTACH]Of course it is upside down. At least I figured how to take a picture, email it to myself and then save it and then post it. Marcia Can someone use this?
Attached Thumbnails 20170607_132055_resized.jpg   20170607_132122_resized.jpg