How to get motor apart?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Banned

Yeah on your motor as well!!!! (look i found the thumbs up guy) lol I also did not have to replace the main motor wires, although I did put a bit of liquid tape on one end where you could just barely see wire. And I mean barely! Ok, got another question for ya. Do you grease the shafts on these motors. I know to put some in the grease tubes, but do you put a little along the shaft? I'm thinking not, cause it might throw the grease around inside the motor, but I have read online where one guy does. Sooooo, I don't wanna blow my newly rewire baby up, so yea or nay? :/ Being the motor virgin that I am (at 50, I'm thinking that's pretty sad), I don't want to start a fire!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 AM

Hi again Teena,
I always put a dab of grease on the shaft, at the end where the grease tube is at. The tubes always seem to be blocked, so I don't rely on them and the Singer grease tubes are always full of holes. I'd put about a rice grain bit on these two areas. If there's no grease the motor will suffer (in theory) but since the motor manuals always say to grease every six months and nobody seems to have ever in the history of Sewing machines done this, and they're all still working.... I do it anyway.
I'm not quite 50 yet, but most of my friends give me strange looks when they hear what I do in my spare time (repairing sewing machines, not the serial killer thing )
Old 12-05-2013, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Hi again Teena,
I'm not quite 50 yet, but most of my friends give me strange looks when they hear what I do in my spare time (repairing sewing machines, not the serial killer thing )
I've been told I need to put a picture on FaceBook of me wearing a dress. It's their loss if the don't enjoy sewing and sewing machines.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
I've been told I need to put a picture on FaceBook of me wearing a dress. It's their loss if the don't enjoy sewing and sewing machines.
I'm not afraid to tell you I tried on a dress I was sewing for my partner and she took a picture! I didn't make her delete it because it looked rather nice
Old 12-06-2013, 02:11 AM

They're extraordinary machines for sure. If anyone had actually followed the instructions they would still be like new!

You're welcome. I love fixing stuff, and sewing machines are particularly easy to work out.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Banned

LOL, you guys are great! I'll have to say my husband does not make a good woman! For Halloween one year I dressed as a man, and he dressed as a woman...not pretty for either of us! lol Of course his goatee might of had something to do with it!
I sew costumes mostly myself, and have a HUGE selection! We love to dress up! I took up bellydancing bout' ten years ago, and have sewn many of bellydance costume. We also love Ren Faire and I have a vast selection of pirate, wrench and kilt costumes! Not to mention, 80's, 70's, 50's and 40's style costumes.