Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
How To Liven Up Your Sewing Day >

How To Liven Up Your Sewing Day

How To Liven Up Your Sewing Day

Old 04-26-2014, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Prim Quilts View Post
I always wondered about those doggie doors................what keeps unwelcomed critters out?
Nothing at all! My cousin just had a muskrat come in the cat door for a visit. Sent her Yorkies into absolute fits!
Old 04-26-2014, 09:19 PM
sap

my dog got skunked, took her down to the river to play, bu the time she was finished the smell was gone.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:57 AM

I just have to know....did someone do a "head-replacement " on that dog?
Old 04-27-2014, 05:29 AM

It's really kind of scary when skunks come around, that smell is so awful. We were camping in a tent years ago and had a huge old Basset Hound asleep next to us. For some reason, I woke up and there were about 12 or 13 skunks surrounding our tent, just sniffing and walking around. I was so frightened that dog would wake up and start howling, I stayed awake for a long time. I can't imagine how you felt with the skunk in the shop with you !
Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 AM

All's well that ends well! Thanks for a good story that made my day.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:36 PM

Maybe an old fashioned screen door would be the answer but then we wouldn't have such wonderful stories to laugh about. We had a dog that always had to play with the skunks just so she could have her tomato juice baths!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:59 AM

So funny; thanks for sharing. About 20 years ago late one afternoon my husband walked out the door of the family room onto the covered patio and encountered a skunk. I was a few feet away in the kitchen starting supper when I heard a commotion and my hubby came rushing, thrashing, and flailing back into the house. After I determined he wasn't having some sort of seizure or attack, I laughed until my side's hurt! DH wasn't quite so amused at the time, but recovered his sense of humor later. I still chuckle to this day when I think about it!
Old 05-08-2014, 09:09 AM

Great story! Skunks really do have no fear. A friend of mine was on his knees working in his backyard pond when one of his many cats walked up and nuzzled against him like cats will do. He casually reached back and scratched its head, and the cat started rubbing its head against his fingers, enjoying the attention. Then he realized, "This cat has a funny shaped head." He looked down, and sure enough, he was petting a skunk, and the skunk was thoroughly enjoying it! He stopped petting and eventually his new friend got bored and wandered off. Every time I see him I think of that story!