Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: how many FW's?

how many FW's?

I met a lady yesterday who has over 100 machines! She said everytime her hubby buys a tractor, she buys a FW!

No wonder they are so hard to find!!!!

Dang thats a lot of tractors, LOL If I went by the # of Tractors he has to buy my FWs I could only have 5.
    I have 9 fws and one of them is a beige, one is a 222k, 4 or bk 222's and 3 are white with a green tint to them 221's.
    I'd have to go by amount of money spent on Tractors, and if thats the case I'm way behind, LOL.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    Just one - a centennial.

Wow! I thought I had a lot of sewing machines. I have 4 featherweights, including a white one.
    Lynn

Just one, my first baby! She's at the shop at the moment, but the second I get her back she's getting plastered all over the board.

Blog Entries
    None But want to get one when the time and price are right
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    I have two- a 1948 black FW and a 1936 black FW. I'm getting the "itch" for a white FW to complete the family, but will have to wait until after taxes...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I have 2 black featherweights, 1 beige and 1 white one. Still waiting for a 222 that will come in time.

Blog Entries
    I just bought my first and I can hardly wait to use it.

I collect vintage machines, work on them, get them sewing again and have 8 FW----5 black, 1 tan, 1 white, and 1 bright red! Some have been in sorry shape (anyone remember "pitiful Pearl"?) They are all 221 and I am looking for an afforable 222! All in all I have 34 vintage machines and love them all-------but especially the FW and their big sisters the 301!

I saw a FW in an antique store in Nashville, TN. They wanted $325. I offered $275, but they refused. I walked away. I thought this was too much money.

I have one - just got her for Christmas plus the buttonholer and zigzagger but I haven't used her yet as she needs cleaning, oiling and polishing before I will give her a work out. I love the way she smells - the case is not funky at all - she smells just like my Grandpas old garage LOL :-)
    I would definitely get another if one came along at the right price but would rather spend my money on a 301 and a Rocketeer to add to my ever growing collection - oh, and a funky old Morse would be sweet!

Joann

I just have one, but the motor needs a bit of attention. Can't wait to get it fixed and sew a bit.

Pat

Washington State summer, Sun City AZ winter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
    Just one - a centennial.
    Ditto! My one and only is a centennial also.
    Last edited by Linda - K.; 12-31-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    She who dies with the most fabric didn't sew fast enough!

No wonder I can't find a feather weight you all bought them! really the price they are asking is horrible for the ones that are left. supply and demand I guess.
    Thank you Lord for Friends, Family, and Quilters

I have 3 black featherweights(one is a centennial) and 1 tan featherweight.
    Sharon W. in Texas

9 but downsizing my collection. Trouble is the last 9 are all so special. 1933, 1934, centennial, one of first after WW2, a red S and a few that are literally in MINT condition.
    pat design

Blog Entries
    I have 1 Black one and 1 white/green one. would love to have a "red one" if the finish was bad and it could be a repaint. They didn't make factory "red ones" did they?

Blog Entries
    Two black featherweights and just acquired a Featherweight cabinet before Christmas. Never got around to dating my machine babies, need to get that done.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

Nanamoms,
    The original featherweights were black, followed by tan and then white. The red ones you see are all repaints.
    Sharon W.

Quote Originally Posted by granny64 View Post
    I saw a FW in an antique store in Nashville, TN. They wanted $325. I offered $275, but they refused. I walked away. I thought this was too much money.
    Most of them I'm seeing for sale now are around $300.00. I would love to have one to take to quilt guild and quilt camp but.............have to be a better price too!!

FW prices

Unfortunately the prices are going up to around the $300 rate. I sold 3 last week for $600. Not all of us are lucky enough to find one at a Goodwill store or a thrift shop. An acquaintance who works at Goodwill told us they put out most of the merchandise on Monday mornings and the FW's don't last very long. She told me one Monday that she had just put one out on the shelf and I ran to get it - but was too late. I looked all over for the lady who grabbed it, but she got away! Keep in mind that when you do find a "bargain" that you'll most likely have to find all the attachments elsewhere and they are in "as is" condition. That's how I found myself learning how to clean and put them together. It is fun, though!