Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I don't want either machine... >

I don't want either machine...

I don't want either machine...

Old 09-07-2020, 10:55 AM

Default I don't want either machine...

...but I sure would like that hand crank. This listing started at close to $400 a few months ago.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/atq/d...190980070.html
Old 09-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Hand cranks for the old type, heavy hand wheel is a bit harder to find. I think the 27 in the picture takes the earlier type hand crank. Which model is you sewing machine?
Old 09-07-2020, 12:43 PM

I don't have any particular machine to put it on, just one of the 66s or 99s is what I was thinking, but I can't even think about one of these hand cranks until the price drops quite a bit more.

Does the earlier or later hand crank work the same on other machines? Or is each specific to a machine and/or hand wheel?
Old 09-07-2020, 03:25 PM

I think the early hand cranks had different fitting, I'm not sure how many types there were, but there are at least three different size hand wheels on these. The earliest have the heaviest, solid mass of metal, then gradually lighter. I don't know enough about compatablity between them, but not all are. That later solid ones for electrical motor is a seperate issue. With a second look at the pictures I'm not sure any more, the last picture made me think it was the earlier type hand wheel.

Last edited by Mickey2; 09-07-2020 at 03:27 PM.