Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I finally got a Featherweight! >

I finally got a Featherweight!

I finally got a Featherweight!

Old 07-10-2017, 07:55 AM

Default AngelS

Sorry about the Bobbin Case. I have an address of a supply house for F.Wt. that I got things from a few years ago.
If you want me to, I will check it again to be sure they are still in business.

My tech. I used when I get into trouble might also have them. I can call him and see. He is big in F. W.'s and loved them as much as do we.

Just drop me a line.
Mariah.

email: [email protected]
Old 07-10-2017, 12:29 PM

Congratulations on your new Featherweight! I'd go with Sew Classic for a bobbin case; their prices are reasonable. I used them because someone on the board recommended them.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:16 PM

They're almost always missing on Featherweights at Estate Sales. You can get up to $50.00 for an original featherweight bobbin case, so they usually get stolen. Any time I see a featherweight on an estate sale site, I email the estate agent/seller and tell them to remove the bobbin case. Given they don't deal with them every day, they don't know, but it will get stolen if left in the machine.

bkay
Old 07-10-2017, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
They're almost always missing on Featherweights at Estate Sales. You can get up to $50.00 for an original featherweight bobbin case, so they usually get stolen. Any time I see a featherweight on an estate sale site, I email the estate agent/seller and tell them to remove the bobbin case. Given they don't deal with them every day, they don't know, but it will get stolen if left in the machine.

bkay
Check out this site: www.sewingpartsonline.com

They guarantee their parts will fit your singer Featherweight 221
Old 07-11-2017, 05:08 AM

Thumbs up Feitherweight.

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
Here is the place I trust for FW parts and help:

https://www.novamontgomery.com/index.htm

good Luck, Jane Q
Nova Montgomery is the best.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:19 AM

Don"t fret and hang on to your machine, you will come across a bobbin case. I will ask my repair guy up here and keep an eye out. I didn't realize they were such a targeted item, sad that people would do that. My quilty friend has three featherweights, one with a free arm and she loves them all! So congrats and never be sorry for getting caught up in sewing machine excitement!!
Old 07-12-2017, 03:57 AM

When I bought my first 301 from a local thrift store, I purchased it knowing someone had stolen the bobbin case. I used the missing bobbin case to get a $30 reduction in price thinking it would be no harder to get than the Class 15 bobbin case I had just bought for a Kenmore that was missing one.

Boy, was I wrong! Sew Classic had quit selling Japanese and Chinese repros due to quality/fitment problems and the ones on Ebay seemed to be from the same suppliers Sew Classic had quit using. The Japanese and Chinese repros had the part number 45751, while the few original ones available had the part number 45750. After losing out on auctions for one or two of the originals, I was able to buy an original for a little over $50. I noticed Nova Montgomery is selling her originals for $90, while her repros go for $58 - probably fair retail prices. I would go for an original, but verify that all of the case parts are there by carefully examining the photos. Deciding where to buy will depend on your patience to get the replacement case. Good luck!