Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I found one - but it's in Omaha . . . >

I found one - but it's in Omaha . . .

I found one - but it's in Omaha . . .

Old 06-18-2014, 04:59 AM

Default I found one - but it's in Omaha . . .

Though we can make it there and back in a day.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/atq/4518723211.html

This is the model I believe my Mom had as her "good" machine. We all had to learn on the 201 and didn't get to use her zz machine until she decided we had progressed far enough. I don't know if any of my brothers ever made it to the ZZ machine, but so far all of use remember sewing on the 201. I think Mom made sure we all knew the basics of sewing.

I still haven't sorted the last group of machines out . This weekend is the annual "scavanger's journey" along about 90 miles of I-90, and we'll be hitting the road early Friday to see what we can find. Glad we have the van LOL!!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:06 AM

Have a great time this weekend! I hope you are able to fill that van to the tip of the top....
Old 06-18-2014, 05:33 AM

The listing has already been deleted so I can't see it. Did you claim it?
Old 06-18-2014, 07:42 AM

I had sent an email this AM before posting. Seller responded that they took it to the Thrift Shop to get rid of it . . . I asked them if they would give me the name of the shop so I can see if they still have it.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I had sent an email this AM before posting. Seller responded that they took it to the Thrift Shop to get rid of it . . . I asked them if they would give me the name of the shop so I can see if they still have it.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that they still have it and will hold it.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:43 AM

What was it?
Old 06-18-2014, 09:12 AM

How lucky are you to have that scavenger thing near you, it's like the people that live in the states that have the longest yard sale. I would so love to go to that I am so sure there would be a number of treasures for vintage lovers
Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 AM

The machine was a green White model 670 ZZ machine. I haven't been looking all that long for one, so hopefully another will cross my path.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
How lucky are you to have that scavenger thing near you, it's like the people that live in the states that have the longest yard sale. I would so love to go to that I am so sure there would be a number of treasures for vintage lovers
After hearing of success folks have by asking - I'm going to make a point of asking at the yard sales if they have any vintage machines or sewing items. This is only the third year - and this year there are several more flea Markets set up - mostly vintage stuff at them. The largest town we'll be going through is about 2,000 residents, the others are smaller. Last year we met many neat people, and a lot of older couples that sure liked someone to visit for a bit. So we plan on taking our time, and who knows what someone might pull out of a closet for me to see.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:21 AM

You could put a sign on your van! Give me your old, your tired, your worn...SEWING MACHINE