I went a little crazy.....

Old 04-23-2012, 05:00 AM

Question I went a little crazy.....

and found two machines at the local antique store. First one is a FW which I love. It needs some TLC i.e. a new paint job. Not sure how I can accomplish this...but it's a cutie. Any ideas on the repainting of a FW would be helpful. I'm in no rush to get this project done. So I will tackle it as time and cash permit.

The other is also a Singer...all black 128. Not sure I really want to keep this one. I wanted a machine for my treadle, this one is electric. Just not familiar enough with it to know if its worth keeping. Got both for
$150. Thinking I may have some 'buyer's remorse' on this one.

Need some ideas about whether to keep the 128 or not. I really wanted an electric to fit into my treadle that could be converted to a treadle.

What do I do now?

Thanks,
julie
Old 04-23-2012, 05:22 AM

I think investing in the past... sewing machines ... you can never go wrong. Don't have buyers remorse. Just enjoy your sewing machine and if in the future you still have the remorse then sell it!!!

Wait awhile...sit back and enjoy it for a little while before you decide.

Erika R.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM

Julie,

A 128 is a 3/4 sized machine and will not fit in a standard full sized treadle cabinet. Both the bed size and hinge pin spacing is different than the standard.

Cathy

Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
and found two machines at the local antique store. First one is a FW which I love. It needs some TLC i.e. a new paint job. Not sure how I can accomplish this...but it's a cutie. Any ideas on the repainting of a FW would be helpful. I'm in no rush to get this project done. So I will tackle it as time and cash permit.

The other is also a Singer...all black 128. Not sure I really want to keep this one. I wanted a machine for my treadle, this one is electric. Just not familiar enough with it to know if its worth keeping. Got both for
$150. Thinking I may have some 'buyer's remorse' on this one.

Need some ideas about whether to keep the 128 or not. I really wanted an electric to fit into my treadle that could be converted to a treadle.

What do I do now?

Thanks,
julie
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM

Pictures of the 128?
I have 4 all, electric and they have truly endearedd me to them. They have honestly become my favorite machine.
So much so that I am setting one up as a "deployment asset" to take with me overseas, and am cleaning and restoring one for my daughters 10th birthday. Dead simple and sturdy as a rock and very very versital as to materials and thread handling.

Dan.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:43 PM

welcome to the board Erika R.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 AM

If I could get someone to barter with me, to clean up/repaint my FW, I would trade the labor, for the 128.