An interesting cabinet

Old 07-17-2023, 03:02 PM

Default An interesting cabinet

Maybe this is old news to some of you, but here's a cabinet I've not encountered. Screen caps from a closed auction listing. In one pic you can see the lid lifting up, with a sort of hinge bar in the center. The other pic, far left, you can see where that top has dropped down behind the cabinet. The machine obviously is hinged and rolls up/down as most of them.

This would be a real space saver. I wonder if this is some other brand of cabinet or maybe custom made? The ad says it was purchased in 1960.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go poke around.
Attached Thumbnails screenshot-2023-07-17-18-55-16.png   screenshot-2023-07-17-18-55-57.png  
Old 07-18-2023, 04:08 AM

AlZilla, I have NEVER seen a cabinet like that before. Rather neat. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-18-2023, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

It appears custom. Very nice!
Old 07-18-2023, 08:23 AM

Yeah, I think it's either another brand or custom made. The legs just don't look like anything Singer ever did, being sort of attached to the outside of the cabinet. I looked through tons of image search results for different terms and found nothing.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:01 AM

Wouldn't it be interesting if todays custom maker would make this top piece with additional support legs that extend out from the base of the cabinet. This top piece could then lie flat. While I'm dreaming I would want the left side of the cabinet to do the same thing. I can probably visualize it better than explain it. But Oh, what a quilting machine table it would make.