Jan. 1 2014

Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM

This is my first site too, when I get my computer up and running in the morning. Love you all. Happy New Year, and happy hunting--may all our hunting grounds be level......I'm still trying to work my way through a crippled 201 potted motor, but found everything I needed to get the treadle 28-15 sewing.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Happy New Year! I bought a machine this Sunday that I still need to post a couple pictures of. I'll start a thread for it when I get it done. I've got too much stuff in the LR right now to do it.
Rodney
So Rodney, what is it, even if you can't post a picture.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
Happy new year. This vintage group has a special place in my heart. Love checking in here and following everyone's "adventures."
Dito! My favorite group and just wonderful helpful people here!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 AM

Happy New Year! Jan. 3rd, but no "new" machines! I am watching one on eBay, though...
Old 01-03-2014, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
I'm feeling bummed - I've not yet bought a machine this year!

Though I'm watching one that ends tomorrow . . . and heading to Yankton to check out some antique shops on Friday, so there is hope.

Hope you all have a great New Year - my goal is to get sewing tables cleaned off LOL!!

I did get my sewing table cleaned off - well for about 12 hours! Just so the kids could use it for their New Years eve snacks... it is now slowly returning to the table I know and love!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:06 PM

I was beginning to worry too. I hadn’t bought a machine this year until today, 4 cotton-picken days into the New Year! But now I have my first sewing machine purchase for this year. It ain’t much, but it’s a machine!

Rusted-up, bound-up Singer 31-15, old style clutch motor, and old style H-leg power stand. From the looks of things, it set outside until the top gave-way and dropped the motor and machine down bending the treadle peddle and cross brace. I got it from an old amateur north Texas “picker” that got it from somebody else. He’s just getting into being a picker, and enjoying the heck out of it! He’s quite a guy. I’m hoping that he’ll bring me more machines.

The bobbin winder and knee lever got lost in the shuffle before the picker got it, probably still attached to the broken top that the previous owners said they threw away. That’s ok, I’ll take what I can get. The only damage that I see to the head other than rust and paint loss without really studying it, is that the thread take-up lever is broken. Other than that, a can or two of penetrating oil and a spa treatment or two may bring this old horse back into service....

Like I needed another winter project......

CD in Oklahoma
Attached Thumbnails machine553_01.jpg  
Old 01-04-2014, 06:35 PM

I did managed to buy a machine on Thursday (good thing I can eBay from my phone, DH was driving). Now I have to wait for it to show up.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 PM

Today is Saturday and I acquired my first machine of the year. I can't say I bought it because I didn't. My dad is an enabler but you should have seen how giddy he was to give me a "new" 128, like a kid in a candy store. All these years all I had to do was be interested in gears and motors, Lol. So here she is, no name yet, gorilla finish, serial number AK, so 1956, seems to turn nicely and the motor does run though I haven't plugged it in more than that. This makes 4 on my work bench though I'm hoping to turn this one over fairly quickly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]454820[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2014-01-04-21.30.23.jpg