Kenmore 1914

Old 10-22-2022, 12:14 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: The OC
Posts: 1
Default Kenmore 1914

Hello all. Iím looking for a ruffler/pleating foot for my good old Kenmore 1914. I have all the other attachments. I know itís a super high shank with left sided needle.
Has anyone had luck with a high shank adapter? Or know where to get the foot that actually fits? Iíve searched many parts websites with no luck, or they just say Kenmore without any detailsÖ
Tatyana42 is offline  
Old 10-23-2022, 03:50 AM
Senior Member
MaryKa's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: USA
Posts: 378

Contact Us

Kenmore Product Questions

Sears Parts Direct Inquiries

If you have not already I suggest you call the parts direct inquiries First. They will have all available information on your machine or know which attachment will be the approved replacement attachment.

Hoping you find your part quickly & reasonablly priced.
MaryKa is offline  
Old 10-23-2022, 07:44 AM
Super Member
OurWorkbench's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,280

Welcome to Quilting Board. What are you wanting to gather/ruffle?

I looked at the "Attachments Parts" list at and did not see a ruffler listed. I am fairly certain that there was never one made for a super high shank and highly doubt that they made one for left homing machines. Evidently, there are some super high shank adapters, but according to https://www.thecolorfulworldofsewing...k-Adapter.html it cannot be used with a ruffler and some other feet that need the fork to go over the needle bar clamp screw.

Back when I was sewing things that had ruffles, I found that the ruffler would not work with the pattern pieces. I have later found that it might have worked, but would have a lot of practice pieces. The method I originally learned was the two row basting stitches. Later, I saw a "Sewing with Nancy" show that seemed a little better for ruffling. It has you draw up the bobbin thread and pull it and the needle thread the length of the flat piece that you want to ruffle. Then zigzag over the doubled thread.

Since there is not a ruffler for your 1914 that is a great reason to get another vintage machine.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
OurWorkbench is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

FREE Quilting Newsletter