Lamp attachment cord

Old 11-29-2020, 09:15 PM

Default Lamp attachment cord

Hi all! First post here. I picked up a vintage Riccar machine on the street (my research suggests it's a model 15). It's running, but missing a couple things. One is the power cord that should attach to the lamp and plug in to the dual outlet for the knee pedal. I figure I should be able to find a replacement, but I'm not sure how to word a search for it. If anyone has ideas, I'd appreciate it!
Attached Thumbnails img_3166.jpg   img_3165.jpg   img_3164.jpg  
Old 11-30-2020, 07:30 AM

Hi liamobrian, Welcome aboard.
You are looking for the power cord that goes from the motor block to the lamp housing..

it will be tricky to find with that connection. I'd be looking at the housing and see if it opens and hope I could screw a conventional cord to it. if it is set up for 110 volts.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:22 AM

That's going to be a difficult plug to find. I would consider taking apart the light to see if you can use lamp cord from the hardware store and direct wire it to the switch inside, might need soldering, I've seen them also with screw connections which makes it much easier; if you go that route and the plug plate doesn't come out you can always drill through it for the lamp cord. I would try this myself on the assumption that there isn't a lamp cord out there and "what do I have to lose" giving it a shot.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:12 PM

Oh boy, looks like I've got myself a project! Thanks, guys, I'll keep you posted with how it goes.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:00 AM

You'll find that your machine is what is affectionately known as a "Singer 15 Clone". You might want to search this board for "15 clone" and you'll find lots of pictures and information. I've only owned 5 clones, but I believe that, even though they were made by the millions, they are like snow flakes in that no two are alike, which is why I threw out the suggestion I did. I believe they are decent machines and people who use them like them, although the ones I've had do not compare to a genuine Singer 15 in terms of material quality and workmanship, so I don't know how the clones last with heavy use.

I almost bought one just like yours a year or two ago, I liked the color scheme, but the craigslist seller failed to appear at the sale location, $20 I ended up spending on another machine somewhere else!