Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Lessons learned in Ebay purchase, rescuing a featherweight >

Lessons learned in Ebay purchase, rescuing a featherweight

Lessons learned in Ebay purchase, rescuing a featherweight

Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM

Yes!!! please do another complaint on this crook, (not may Sue do it) he should not be on Ebay at all. I don't care how many high ratings he has, he is not selling what he listed on line. Keep complaining to Ebay with this sale. (demand a complete refund from this seller to Ebay) (you do not have to send the 2 machines back, for all your stress from this and you want a complete refund).
About the machine as you mentioned about someone doing something this bad to a machine, let me tell you he is buying them "AS IS" and in the condition you bought it in and selling them to people like you & others as working great!!! HE IS A CROOK and is getting away with it. These days you must not let these sales go, and say oh well!! we bought it now, it's fixed now. That's just what he expects you will do.

You know if just 1 or 2 people would take action in these cases then we wouldn't have so much of this on line theft that goes on & on. Sue YOU!!! are doing a good thing by putting his name out there on this board that will protect the rest of us. I am going to write a complaint about this seller myself. I don't know if that would work but I'm going to try.

Originally Posted by suezquilts View Post
We can't send the machine back. My DH and DS took a class and they cleaned and worked on these 2 machines. Then found the broken bobbin case base, and the other part. Which we purchased and installed. Now the next part is broken. The time they have invested in this machine which should have been sold as a parts machine. We'll keep it, I think I may do another formal complaint as this is ridiculous that it was so damaged.
His name is Larry Lodestarexpress and his rating is high.... it is just sad someone would do this to a machine.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
Could it be that when the throat plate was reinstalled that the bobbin carrier's 'finger' is not in the proper slot on the underside of the throat plate? This would cause the needle to hit something.

this was my first thought, I bought mine on ebay also and was told it sewed, "finger was at the bottom of bobbin case" LOL, thanks heavens I was aware of this and first thing I checked... look for slot on the upper plate and make sure to swing bobbin case up to match....helps alot of problems...