look what I've got!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Banned

This is my all time favorite Singer decal patterns "Tiffany Gingerbread" and it is in remarkable condition at that. I also noticed that is has the French decal on the top of the machine makes me thing it was made for import to France. What is the serial number on the machine so I can see just where it came from...

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
This is my all time favorite Singer decal patterns "Tiffany Gingerbread" and it is in remarkable condition at that. I also noticed that is has the French decal on the top of the machine makes me thing it was made for import to France. What is the serial number on the machine so I can see just where it came from...

Billy
Hi Billy, I'm sooo excited! I tried to find out on the internet where it comes from and from what year it is. I hope you can tell me that. The serial nmbr is: AC 229231
Thanks!
Old 08-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pinot
Hi Billy, I'm sooo excited! I tried to find out on the internet where it comes from and from what year it is. I hope you can tell me that. The serial nmbr is: AC 229231
Thanks!
You have a Model 15 with 35,000 of them allotted on July 25 1928. The machine was made in America at the Elizabethport NJ factory and it was apparently made for export.

If you could get a close up view of the arm so I can look at the decals where it says Singer Manufacturing Company it would help bunches!!!

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Banned

Oh and while I am thinking about it try not to use it too much, those decals are very hard to find in the condition yours is in. And yes that could be a Museum piece if the treadle and cabinet is as nice as the machine!!

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Power Poster

She is gorgeous :mrgreen: And all the decals are awesome :thumbup:
Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful
Old 08-20-2010, 08:14 AM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

This is my all time favorite Singer decal patterns "Tiffany Gingerbread" and it is in remarkable condition at that. I also noticed that is has the French decal on the top of the machine makes me thing it was made for import to France. What is the serial number on the machine so I can see just where it came from...Billy

Billy! Figures you would pick up on this posting as soon as it was posted!!!
:-D
Do you ever see these here in the States?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 AM

Oh and while I am thinking about it try not to use it too much, those decals are very hard to find in the condition yours is in. And yes that could be a Museum piece if the treadle and cabinet is as nice as the machine!!

Billy
I was realy planning to use it. There is a booklet in the small drawer of the cabintet and it has the number 15. The cabinet is made of mericier (wild cherry), it has a "hood" and it all looks very simple compared to the machine.
I will make some photos tomorrow because it's getting late here. I bought the treadle two weeks ago for $63 from a portugees woman. You'll understand I had to bargain or else it would have been more exspensive....hahaha
Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aunt Doggie
Billy! Figures you would pick up on this posting as soon as it was posted!!!
:-D
Do you ever see these here in the States?
Yes they are here but hard to come by and when you do find them they are usually rode hard and put up wet! The Model 15 is probably the most popular sewing machine design ever to be made (they are still cranking them out in treadles going to underdeveloped countries) and they were used and used hard.

Lets face it it is a work horse of a machine and I use a model 15 to do all of my FMQing on. It is my go to machine!

But I had some help finding this thread I have a real sweet friend that keeps me up to date on things like this. So I have to give her the credit on this one!!

Billy
Old 08-20-2010, 08:33 AM

love it - i want one - my dd has one - need to see if i can trade her out of it - i'd have to make a place for it tho.