Looking for cams...

Old 08-30-2017, 07:14 AM

Default Looking for cams...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]579801[/ATTACH]This is the only cam that came with my old white. I use this machine a lot and thought it would be fun to have the rest of the cams. They are very small, only an inch and a quarter and grey in colour. If anyone has them to sell I would buy them or if there is a place that sells old doodads? It is a japanese made machine and the model # has remained back at my weekend home. The hatch at the top of the machine is a small circle not much bigger than the cam.
Attached Thumbnails 20170618_121557_resized_2.jpg   20170717_080924_resized.jpg  
Old 08-30-2017, 08:41 AM

I can't recognize it. There's proably a few japanese made machines that took the same cams; I have seen the same cam sets come in different colors, and if you keep an eye out on ebay and other places I'm sure some will turn up. The closest I found was these, there's a picture from under the bottom too.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Banned

Mickey the cam set you showed won't work in that White machine. To me, the zig zag cam showed for the White looks an awful lot like the small cams for the Taiwan made Dressmakers.

Cari
Old 08-30-2017, 11:40 AM

They are on fleabay too. Perhaps seller can give more details on them.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
Those are Brother cams so they won't work in the White.

Cari
Old 08-30-2017, 01:35 PM

they look very similar to what goes in my White Triplematic, but mine have three rows of stitch patterns to show LMR stitching. What does the underside look like?

Mine have the center hole and then two small indexing holes one of each side of the center hole.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:35 AM

Sorry for the lack of info everyone. When I get home I will shoot the underside of the cam. I will try ebay, haven't been on it, I thought it was an auction site. I am more of a happy sewing recluse than a computer girl! I was hoping there was some place like an auto wreckers for old sewing machines haha. You are all so helpful thanks for your input. Maybe I would have to buy a machine that used the same cams, that would be too bad.....I will be working on a couple of 301's this weekend that came my way and thankfully there is lots of info out there on them so I won't be pestering you all. Thanks, Lynda
Old 09-01-2017, 11:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
OMGosh Mickey I didn't look at this link the first time, I only looked at the link to the Brother cams. I can't believe what the Dressmaker cams sold for. They are not rare at all, they show up on Ebay all the time. I'd say that the seller should be ashamed of themselves but since it was an auction I bet they're jumping for joy at what they went for. I got both of my sets for less than 5 bucks and I've never seen them sell for more than $10. Those cams sold for more than the machine is worth.

Cari

Last edited by Cari-in-Oly; 09-01-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:09 PM

A machine in good condition, complete with pedal and accessories often go for $60 to $80 here, regardless of brand. Some of the Asian made machines are suprisingly sturdily built, but in general it's the known makes and models that fetch the best price. A clean machine with a good stitch sample makes a difference. I'm guessing it's owners of a very nice machine they like that's willing to pay that much to get the cam set.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:36 PM

Default cams

I have a set of cams that I bought at Goodwill that look like they will fit. You can have them.email me at [email protected]. I'll send you one and if it fits, youcan have the rest.
Marilyn