Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Looking to contact a fellow Vintage enthusiast >

Looking to contact a fellow Vintage enthusiast

Looking to contact a fellow Vintage enthusiast

Old 09-24-2015, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Ken - I've been trying that too! But whenever they show up, they keep their car doors locked . . .
~I just do not understand it. People will scorer Craig’s listfor a machine and drive miles to pick it up at a high price. They spend Saturdaymorning driving around and buy machines at yard and estate sales. Mention freeand the same vintage machine enthusiasts lock the car doors or just run.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by ann31039 View Post
It would be nice if we could search members by location. Could be fun to meet "local" folks. Maybe a state or 1/2 state get together.
That sounds like fun!
Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ann31039 View Post
It would be nice if we could search members by location. Could be fun to meet "local" folks. Maybe a state or 1/2 state get together.
Us Pacific Northwest members have had a couple get togethers and both were so much fun! Hopefully we do it again soon! (Hint-hint!)

Cari
Old 09-25-2015, 02:59 AM

Fiata.....what does it look like? I do have a Toyota clone but not sure of model name
Old 09-25-2015, 05:47 AM

Steve - you could have left with two if you had realized I was hinting I was willing to part with the Singer 12 also LOL!! I won't ship it though . . .

I've got too many of some machines. They aren't worth anything and probably will eventually end up in the dump. I do know what is valuable and what is basically only good for parts - and some are not even good for parts.

In fact, DH and I are thinking that it might not be a bad idea to be willing to part with most of what we have. We're in our mid 50's and there will come a day we want to retire and move. I collected most of what I have to document them - and once that is complete, I really don't need to keep the machine as I won't ever have time to use them all.

Though at the rate I'm going, I may not have time to document much UNTIL I retire LOL!!
Old 09-25-2015, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ann31039;732704 6
It is actually possible to search by location.... but there are some drawbacks as some members haven't put any address in their profile. I did a search by location for Covina but only 5 came up. I also know that there are some members that don't post - just read. AND you don't know if they are even still around or what there interests are.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:53 AM

Ken - I've been trying that too! But whenever they show up, they keep their car doors . . .
Lol Cathy I only told you it was locked.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:24 AM

Helen, you can come back any time if you decide you DO want some extra Singer 27's or White Rotary machines!
Old 09-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Banned

Steve - you could have left with two if you had realized I was hinting I was willing to part with the Singer 12 also LOL!! I won't ship it though . . .

I guess we will have to pick it up on our Anniversary drive if it is still there. (We plan to do a cross country drive each May/June, but with specific targets rather than a complete loop of the US!!)
Old 09-25-2015, 10:57 AM

Thanks for checking Janey!